HoZi (fluff)

Hoshi ran over to the window and opened it. He aired out smoke into the atmosphere as he coughed.

"Never again," he mumbled while covering half his face with his shirt. He looked back at the stove and sighed.

"I guess I'll just order takeout," he said to himself, grabbing his phone from his pocket.

He dialed Pizza Hut's number, which he had memorized after moving out of his mom's house, and walked back to the kitchen.

The pot he tried to make rice in was still smoky and the once white rice was black and burnt. He couldn't believe that he didn't even know how to make rice. All it was was rice, butter, and water-

"The water!" Hoshi face palmed,"I'm an idiot."

The other end picked up the phone and introduced the company,"Hello, this is Pizza Hut."

"Uh, yeah. Can I have a large pepperoni pizza?"

"Would you like wings with that?"

"No, thank you."

"Is that all?"

"Yes," Hoshi said, and then gave his information and hung up.

He flopped down on the couch and turned on the tv. The movie that came on was Peter Pan, Hoshi's favorite ever since he was five. He likened himself to Peter, the reason being that he didn't want to grow up. Hoshi hated work, and he was glad that he was fortunate enough to be his own boss and work from home whenever he wanted. Hoshi was a well known author and mostly wrote about fantasy and goofiness. His books were always bestsellers, and the money he got would split between bills, food, his mom, and charity. He lived comfortably in a large apartment with two extra rooms that he never used and never will use, but he was never really happy. He was...lonely.

Sometimes his friends that went to high school with him would come over and say hi, but that wasn't enough for Hoshi. No, he needed someone to love him and someone he could love back. Sure, there were girls who would give up anything to marry him, but there was just one tiny problem -Hoshi was gay.

Yes, it was a shocking fact that no one knew about the 19 year old author, and Hoshi wasn't planning on coming out any time soon. It wasn't like anyone needed to know who he was sexually attracted to; it wasn't their business.

In the middle of his thoughts, there was a knock on the door.

Hoshi stood up and shuffled over. He looked through the peep hole before opening the door. The man in a uniform handed him his pizza and put packets of cheese and chili flakes on the box. Hoshi payed and then shut the door with his foot.

The smell of delicious pizza replaced the smokiness of the apartment, and Hoshi's stomach growled. He placed the box on the counter and opened the top. A large grin grew on his face.

"Yummy," he cheered, getting a plate from the cupboard.

After getting his food and drink, he went back to the couch and sat down carefully. Hoshi crisscrossed his legs and placed the plate on his lap. He placed his drink down on the armrest.

"Ah!" A small voice yelped and Hoshi jumped up to his feet in surprise.

"Who said that?!" He yelled, putting the pizza down on the coffee table.