The Titan

Chapter 4 ^.^ Hope you enjoy~

I do not own AoT, I only own Rowan, Kai, Apello and any other characters I may introduce c:

---

Shock filled Rowan as she watched the large lumbering creature pass her by, it's face now etched into her brain as she couldn't help but wonder how she got here. The necklace flashed through her mind as she looked down at the red crystal sat within the dragon's claws - it was no longer glowing.

Rowan huffed and glanced around before reaching up for a higher branch before realizing something - she was shorter than normal. Glancing down she growled. She was now flat-chested and short and so came to a conclusion. She was younger. Taking in her height and comparing it to her earlier years, she guessed she was around eight. Knowing she was in a titan infested area, she figured she'd need a way of transport and what better than looking for a Survey Corps solider that had, unfortunately, lost their life.

Shaking her head, she lowered herself down a couple of branches until she was around 5 meters above the ground. Dropping to the floor, she landed crouched down with one hand on the floor, glad that despite her age-change she still retained her previous abilities. Rowan huffed and ran deeper into the forest, realizing it was the same one that they had found Ilse's corps.

Rowan froze as she spotted a titan and pressed herself up against a tree hoping that it wouldn't be able to smell or find her. The now-child-aged-girl glanced around and noticed a titan had in deed spotted her. Pressing herself up against the tree, she tried to hide herself in the tree and much like anyone else, she failed.

The titan grew closer and closer as Rowan decided to run, a few feet away, leaning against a tree much to her luck was a corpse, more importantly, a corpse with 3DMG gear. Grinning she dashed over and tried to unhook it, though it was stuck on a piece of clothing. Pulling, it finally came free, glancing around she spotted three titan behind her. Rowan quickly put the gear on and checked the gas levels - they were about half-way full.

Shooting one hook randomly, it catapulted her away from the titans and up into the tree, knowing her life was depending on this, she quickly got the hang of the gear, now easily flying through the trees with a grin as she flew past titans and trees laughing like a mad man as she came to a stop besides the corpse. Saluting, she gave a smile, "Thank you, soldier, your death wasn't in vain," With that she grabbed the cape with the Survey Corps emblem and flew off, keeping in mind that she didn't have full tanks.

Stopping at a tree, she knew she was now free, free from her old binds of the thief world, free from having to please others, free from the worry of betrayal. Rowan laughed, a truly heart-felt laugh before tilting her head, if the soldier died recently, which was possible, their horse could still be around, she knew she would need one. Lowering herself to the floor, keeping in mind that titans could be anywhere, putting four fingers to her mouth she let out a shrill whistle and waited. Nothing. Doing it again, she awaited the arrival of a possible horse, yet again, nothing came. Deciding to let out a final whistle, she placed her fingers to her mouth and whistled.

Waiting silently, she cheered in her head when she heard a horse whine. Turning around she spotted the horse, a large black horse with a long flowing mane that was easily taller than her small 4'3 stature, hoisting herself up onto the stallion's back she huffed, the horse had lost his saddle at some point. Grasping the reigns tightly, she lightly heeled the stallion in the side, this caused the horse to walk and with another quick jab, the horse broke into a run. "Hmm, you're gonna need a name... How about... Katsu?" The horse let out a neigh and Rowan took that as a yes. "Well Katsu, it's just you and me," Rowan sighed before pulling the reins to the left, slowing the brute down and heading towards the outskirts of the forest - she needed a place that was easy for her to find, yet hard for titans and the Survey Corps.