Chapter 17

Alexa's POV

My alarm clock went off and I shot up. My hand pounded the snooze button, urgently trying to make the horrible sound stop. Why can't alarm clocks have sweet, soft sounds instead of these massive horns? Oh yeah, maybe cuz people like me would just sit in bed and pretend that they didn't hear it ring.

"Only two more days." I say to myself. I love Wednesdays cuz they're usually my relax days. Nothing huge really happens on a Wednesday.

I walk into my bathroom and get ready for my day out. It's not going to be too hot today, so I put on my white lace Vero Moda sweater with a pair of French Connection skinny jeans. When I found my favorite golden locket necklace, I decided that I'm definitely going to wear it. I'm debating whether I should wear white crotchet TOMS or my tan studded biker boots. Hmm... the possibilities. After agreeing that the TOMS would make my outfit too lacy, I choose the boots.

"Breakfast is ready!" my mom shouts up the stairs to us. I quickly grab my tan studded Valentino Garavani shoulder bag and run down stairs.

My mouth watered as I smelt the freshly baked blueberry muffins. I grab a muffin and pour myself some milk.

Alli's car honked, signally that it's time for us to go.

"Bye mom and dad! Bye Mya!" I call out to my family, rushing out of the door.

"God, you guys take forever!" Alli complains as she pulls out of the driveway.

"Yeah, but you still love us anyway." Abi playfully responds.

~

"Class, don't forget tomorrow you'll be split up into groups of four for your new project. This project is worth a full 100 points, so work hard!" Mr.House reminds us as the bell rings.

I pick up my things and rush to my locker. Quickly, I switch my books from last period for new ones.

"Hey girl!" Alli shouts as she grabs my arm. We spot Abi making her way over to us, so we wait. Once she's close enough, I grab her arm too. We walk into class and take our seats.

~

"Can we like not go into the cafe? I know some more drama is gonna go down and I just want to avoid it." I complain.

Ever since I saw Harry and Brittany make out in the cafe, I don't like to go anymore. Seeing them together makes me want to throw-up; sorry but I actually like to digest my food.

"Same. Let's go to Panera! I'm in the mood for a grilled chicken sandwich." Abi suggests.

We agree and head out to Alli's car. Once we're all in, she drives us to Panera.

"Hi! I would like to buy a grilled chicken sandwich with Swiss cheese, a Cuban Chicken Panini, a Napa Almond Chicken Salad, a Roasted Turkey & Avocado BLT, and a Bacon Turkey Bravo sandwich." Alli ordered.

A few minutes after ordering and paying for the food, our meals were ready. I grab my Cuban Chicken Panini and head over to the table. I LOVE the Cuban Chicken Panini! It's just soo good! Of course Abi got her grilled chicken sandwich with Swiss cheese. Eleanor got her favorite, a Roasted Turkey & Avocado BLT. Perrie starts munching on her Bacon Turkey Bravo sandwich before she even gets to our table. It's no surprise that Alli bought a Napa Almond Chicken Salad, she loves it. What I don't get is why is it called a salad when it's really a sandwich? The world may never know.

"I'm stuffed!" Perrie announces as she rubs her belly.

"Me too!"

"I feel like taking a nap."

"I think we all do, but we have to go back to school, so lets go!" Alli says, encouraging us to get up.

We just sit there and stare at her like she's crazy.

"Fine!" I say, eventually giving up.

We all trudge to the car and drive back to school.

~

Ok, so it's the last period of the school day and I've managed not to kill anyone yet. Trust me, that's pretty hard when you go to a school with bitchy girls like Brittany, Savannah, and Rachael. You should be proud of me!

Right now I'm in Chorus. The girls forced me to do it after they heard me sing, but I didn't object. Chorus is way better than Tech. Plus I actually like singing.

Our teacher Ms.Sanchez is looking for a student to volunteer on being the soloist for the Earth Contest that's coming up. Our school came up with this contest so students can express how they feel towards the Earth in their own way. It's in about 3 weeks, so we're preparing for it now. The song we have to sing is Pretty Planet. So far, about 35 girls have auditioned for the part. I nearly pissed my pants when I heard Rachael sing. To put it nicely...actually, there's no way of putting it nicely. She literally sounds like a cat being strangled to death. I guess a better way of saying it is she's tone deaf.

"Perfect! Come right up Alexa!" Ms.Sanchez calls to me.

A look of confusion is on my face. Why did she pick me? I look at my hand and see that Perrie is holding it up for me. I shoot her a look and all she does is sheepishly smile at me. I really don't want to do this, but it's too late.

I walk up to the front of the class. Ms.Sanchez goes up to the piano and starts playing the song. Once I get myself ready, I close my eyes and start singing.

This pretty planet 

Spinning through space, 

Your garden, your harbor, your holy place. 

Golden sun going down, 

Gentle blue giant, spin us around. 

All through the night, 

Safe til the morning light!

My eyes opened as soon as I heard a booming sound. What I didn't expect to see was the whole class up on their feet and clapping for me. A smile came onto my face as I realized that I've just gotten over my fear. I actually sang in front of a large group of people, 198 students to be exact!

"Ok class, I think that concludes the auditions!" Ms.Sanchez announces cheerfully. "I'm going to hand all of you a sheet of paper that has all the names of the people who auditioned today. Check off the names of the people you would like to be the soloist. Whoever has the most votes will be our soloist. This paper is due Friday, so you have two days to choose."

At this point I couldn't care less if I do or don't get chosen as the soloist. I'm just happy that I got over my fear.

"See, I told you that you could do it!!" Perrie tells me happily.

I smile at her and agree. "Yeah, you did!"

"Yupp! Now let's go home so we can tell everyone about it!" she shrieks.

I laugh at her enthusiasm. She seems more happier than me about it, and I'm the one that sang!

When the final bell rang, we all met up at Alli's car and she drove us to my house.

_________________________________________

(A/N): I LOVE this chapter! I don't know why. Maybe because it talks about food and singing, two of my favorite things! Just in case you wanted to know, (you probably don't) this actually happened to me last year. I was in Chorus and I tried out to be the soloist to sing that exact song. I was really surprised when the whole class stood up and voted for me. Ever since my first audition to be a soloist for the school concert, I keep getting picked for other songs. I'm not complaining though! Well there isn't much to say so read the next chapter please!