chapter 9- Emotional Hug

Harry's POV

This detention, not being able to go to my shift.. made me think a lot.. I survived till this time pretty good.. But being one hour late to somewhere.. And pufff... All the things that I was working for.. just collapse..

This meant.. I couldn't be too comfortable.. I should be always on alert.. or The life would kick my ass..

I had no family to help me, save my ass from getting into trouble.. Today I thought about them a lot.. I wished I had a normal family.. I wished they loved me.. and they were with me..

I kinda missed them.. I remembered that we were like a real family.. really really looonnngg time ago.. The time when we were happy once.. We were like a normal family when I was so little I guess.. I remembered my mom's being a caring one.. once..

But.. after some time.. they started arguing. My father kept yelling at my mom, and she kept yelling back- mostly crying.. After a while, I started to see my father always angry and my mother always with bruises..

And one day, I came home early, my mom was shouting and breaking vases.. and I cought my dad beating my mom, I had it enough already, so I got in the middle and stopped them both.. My father punched me with anger.. beated me as well.. After that day, whenever I tried to stop him, I was beated as well..

I wasn't trying to hit him or anything, he was my father. I was just trying to stop him, to be a shield to my mom, but one day, I couldn't control myself and hit him back, we fight.. And he beated me so bad.. As soon as he went away from us, I hugged my mom, she hugged me back.. My father looked at us like he was disgusted of us.. He shook his head with disbelief.. "You chose her over me, huh?" he said to me with disappointment in his voice.. And he left the home.. just like that..

We both thought that he would come back, left home with anger.. he went to drink at some place..as usual and gonna turn back really drunk.. But no.. he didn't come back..

He was thinking that my mom was cheating him, my mom kept telling that she wasn't.. But I wasn't sure about that either..

After my father left home, my mother became an alcoholic, she kept drinking and drinking.. She stopped going to work. She was blaming me for my father's leaving.. She hated me for that.. She said that I shouldn't interfere their relationship..

She kept telling me "This is all your fault!" or "Are you happy now,huh, u stupid boy?!".. Why would I be happy.. That was a terrible situation.. and kept getting worse day by day..

She started to date with different men, like she couldn't survive without a man.. She stayed at some other places and didn't even come home for days sometimes.. and when she was at home, she wasn't even looking at my face.. She became totally a different person..

She didn't care about me at all. There wasn't any food or anything at home most of the time.. And I decided to work. I should earn money and look after myself.. or if she was at home.. both of us.. So I started to work at a burger restaurant.. but didn't stop going to school as well.. I was a nerd..

I thought if I survived two years like this, then I could be at a collage.. and my life would be saved after that.. and maybe till that time.. my father came back, or my mom would turn back to normal..

But neither of them happened. My father didn't come back.. and my mom started to bring her lovers to our house.. yeah I said lovers.. She kept changing them.. and her lovers weren't the nicest guys of the world, they beated me up, told harsh things to me, kicked me out of my own house..

and my mother didn't stop them at all.. She was still blaming me for my dad's leaving.. for everything bad happened to her.. She said that she hated me several times.. She said that she didn't care what happened to me at all.. Hearing those hurt a lot..