20

A month later, Jhanay woke from her coma. The bullet grazed her heart and as soon as she came to the hospital, the doctor took her right to surgery. It wasn't an easy surgery either, because once he had her open, he found out that the bullet travelled to her spine. Paralyzing her for the rest of her life, or until she took treatment to learn to walk again. The first thing she said when she woke up was "Are they really dead? Did Alex really kill them?" Nobody wanted to answer her question. Her blood pressure was already 190 over 174, which was way too high and could cause her to have a stroke. The nurse gave her a blood pressure pill, but it didn't really help. Jhanay was really stressed. Eventually though, when it got down to a nice number, they told her that in fact, Alex drugged them to make them look dead. And that they were just fine. Staying with Jhanay's boyfriend until she got better. The doctor also told her that they were there from the start of visiting hours to the end. That made her smile through her crying. She couldn't believe that her babies were alive and she didn't have to plan funerals for them.

"When can I see them?" She asked, rising her bed up so she wouldn't be laying down anymore.

"One sec. I'll go get them for you."

"Thank you so much." Jhanay said as she wiped her face, to make it look like she hadn't been crying. Once she saw her kids, her face lit up. She was so happy to see them. All she thought about while she was in her coma, was her children.

"Hi mommy." It was cree to speak first.

"Hi babies." She patted the bed so they could all sit up there with her.

"How are you feeling?" Ky asked.

"I'm good baby. I'm real good. How are you?" She asked as she looked at them all.

"We missed you mommy." Karsen spoke. Jhanay slept through her babies 3rd birthday. She made a mental note to do something special for her.

"I missed y'all too. I'm so glad you're okay." She cried again as they hugged her just as Jared came into the room.

_____________
He looked so handsome when I realized he was in the room with us. He looked so worried and stressed and sleepy. But at the same time, happy to see me. He slowly walked over to me and I reached out for him. I thought about him in my coma too. He's probably thinking that I'm upset that he wasn't there. But I don't blame him. Alex knew when to strike. He waited until he knew Jared wasn't there. I can't believe what I went through. Why did he go so crazy? Why would he think such things? I mean isn't a mother supposed to love her kids and put them first all the time? I believe I did a good job balancing my time between my kids and husband. But those things he said to me, like I wasn't a good wife. Should I really believe what he said? Jared hasn't complained about how much time I spend with them and not him. Maybe it was the drugs that made Alex think like that. Clearly he wasn't in his right mind. I hugged Jared as tightly as possible.

"We gotta work on your legs as soon as possible baby. Our kids need their mom to be active and not stuck in a wheelchair."

"Our kids?" I asked. I mean I know he loves my children like they were his own, but I never knew that that was how he felt.

"Yeah baby. Our kids. We've talked about it and while you were sleeping, I took the liberty of getting adoption papers. I want to adopt them." And before I knew it, I was in tears all over again.

___________________
6 years later

"I'm so glad you moved down here Cherry. I missed you." I hugged her tightly. Even though she comes to visit a lot, it wasn't enough for me. I missed my best friend and I'm glad that we don't have to schedule her visits anymore. She opened up a shop called 'Cherry' of course and it's full of customers. She's successful. Sage and her are no longer together but he's still a part of Patience and Peace's life. Yes they had another baby before the split. She's 5 & 1/2.