15

A Year Later...

Its been a whole year and guess what!!! My divorce is final. After all the crap that Alex put me through, it feels so good to not be married to him anymore. I put down my phone and finished cooking breakfast for Karsen and Mechiah. Cree has moved in with her father and step sister. I was so against her living with him because I didn't want that bitch and her child around my daughter. But when Cree came to me and told me why she wanted to move out, I couldn't keep her away from her father.

She stays with me on the weekends and I'm still not used to her not being around me all the time.

"Ky, can you help Karsen into the kitchen please?" I called into the living room. Karsen was forcing Ky to watch Doc McStuffens.

"Yes mom." He says excitedly. Karsen has a cast on her leg because she had an accident at daycare. The story that the sitter gave me was that Toots fell off the trampoline. But I think she was pushed. We have a trampoline in our backyard and she never fell off before. So I just don't agree with that story.

My babies came into the kitchen as I sat their plates on the table and the high chair.

"Mama, I hungry." Karsen tells me as I pick her up to put her in the high chair.

"I know baby. I got you some pancakes and eggs." She smiled and started eating eggs with her fingers.

"Ma, I need ketchup for my cakes." Ky says and I roll my eyes as I grab some ketchup from the cabinet and give it to him.

"Daddy taking y'all to school today. Is that okay?" I asked them.

"Yes!" They say at the same time.

"I'll be right back." I ran up the stairs and took off my black silk robe. I took my shower before I woke the kids up so all I have to do is get dressed. My outfit was already laid on the bed; a peach pencil skirt, white tank and nude pointy toe Louboutins. I pulled my hair into a nice little bun with strands of hair hanging down. I kept my makeup simple, not too much, with clear gloss. I went back down the stairs to see that the kids had finished breakfast and that Alex was here, and he has told them to go get dressed.

"Ex wife." He says when he noticed that I came in the room.

"Petty ex husband."

"What you gonna do, now that you're single and all?"

"That is none of your business. Where's my daughter?"

"At home. She wasn't dressed yet so I came to get Kar and Ky to give her some time."

"The deal was that you don't show up without her Alex. It's only been a month and you're breaking the agreement already."

"So glad I don't have to put up with your nagging anymore."

"So glad that I don't have to put up with your cheating, lying, no good ass anymore. Guess we're both happy." I say just as my phone rings. "Hello?" I answered.

"Yeah baby. You ready?"

"I'm always ready." I smirked and turned away from Alex when I noticed that he was all in my mouth.

"Don't tease me girl when you been holding out on me." He laughed.

"I got the divorce papers today in the mail. So you might not have to wait any longer." I spoke as I walked into the kitchen. I haven't had any sex in a year and honestly, I haven't needed it. Well not until I started dating Jared. He's a walking temptation. Everything he does screams sex. But I've been keeping my composure because I didn't want to cheat on Alex. I know he did me wrong but two wrongs DEFINITELY do not make a right.