18

"You know I hate that word James." I frowned, as if he could see me.

" Well that's what you are right now."

" Why?"

" How dare you not ask me to come down to Miami with you? You know I've been dying to get away."

"You just started dating Damien. I didn't wanna make you move when he could be the one."

" Oh fuck him. He's still dating his ex. I'm available. I have NO attachments."

"Who's gonna run Cree's if you come down here?"

"If I find someone, can I come?"

"Sure James."

"Thanks bitch!"

"Yeah yeah. But I gotta make sure that whoever you try to put in charge is as good as you or better."

"Hunny there's no one better than me. Okay? I won't let you down. But I gotta go. My appointment finally came through these doors."

"You are charging her a late fee right?"

"You know it. 5 dollars per minute. And she's an hour late. Gotta go." He hung up on me. I decided to call Jared one more time and I prayed to God that he answered.

But he didn't.

I was starting to worry about him. I know this is his hometown so there's no telling where he could be. I pulled off my shorts and grabbed a beach towel, then headed to the pool in the backyard. I haven't been in any water since I got here, well except the shower. But other than that, no beach, no pool. Now that I actually have a minute to myself, while the children are playing, I might as well have a little Me Time. I swam back and forth, I floated, I stayed under the water. I was really enjoying myself. Carefree, no worries. But I couldn't stop thinking about Jared. What if he's hurt? What if something bad happened to him? I climbed out the pool and dried off with my fuzzy beach towel. I dried my hair and face as I felt arms wrap around my waist.

"Oh god I've missed you. I thought something bad happened to you." I relaxed against his chest, it felt a little different, less muscular.

"I missed you too baby." That wasn't Jared's voice. I wanted to scream but a hand was instantly on my mouth, like he knew what I was about to do. "You thought you could hide from me? There's a tracking device in Cree's phone." My eyes widen in fear. "I'm gonna move my hand, and you bet not scream. Got me?" I nodded my head slowly and his hand was gone.

" What do you want Alex?" I asked as I turned around.

"You baby. I miss you." He says, eyes red as hell. He held the bridge of his nose. "I don't know why you wanted to get away from me. We love each other."

" No. I loved you. But you didn't want to be with just me. You wanted every hoe you could get." He was angry. And delusional. I don't like this Alex. I've never seen this side of him. Normally he would just leave me alone. But now, there's something else consuming him. Craziness. Maybe he realized he really lost me for good and there's nothing that would make me come back to him, so he wants to force us together. But he's scaring me and I don't like him. Where the hell is Jared?

"You know what really pissed me off?" He asked as he pushed me down into one of the beach chairs. "You brought that nigga around my kids, you let him stay in the same house with them. Like that's their father. HE'S NOT THEIR FATHER!"

"I KNOW THAT ALEX. Don't you think I know that? Their father is gone. He doesn't care about them. All he cares about is their mother, who he can no longer have. You only keep Cree away from me because she's my backbone. Because you know I need her. And that's fucked up. I've controlled that. I still need her, but as my daughter, not a crutch to get me through the bad days anymore. Although all of my babies make my day better."

"Blah blah blah. Are you done?"

"What do you want from me?" I asked, on the verge of tears.

"I want you to tell me that you still love me."

"I do Alex and I probably always will. But at this point, I want nothing to do with you." His hand was around my neck in seconds. "What? You gonna kill me? You gonna make our kids grow up without a mom? This is what we've come to?" He snatched his hand away and I rubbed my neck, thanking God that he didn't strangle me to death.

"I just want us to be a family again."

"We were never really a family Alex. You were always working or spending time with your whores, while I worked and took care of home."

"We can have that again. But I'll be better."

"You don't even want me. You just hate the fact that you can't control me anymore."

"Alex baby, I don't see a room for us." Lauren called out.

"You brought that bitch to my house?!" I screamed.

"Look-"

"No fuck you Alex. I'm glad I didn't fall for your bullshit."

"Londonn go back to the car." Alex tells her and she rolls her eyes before taking off her clothes and diving into my pool, naked.

"Get that bitch out my pool Alex! Now!"

"iight man chill."

"Right fucking now!" He helped the bitch out the pool. "Now I gotta disinfect it just in case your whore has an std, or a couple of them."

"Who you calling whore?" The bitch asked.

"You whore. Get the fuck out my house or I'm calling the police."

"Only if I can take Cree." Alex says.

"Take her. Just get out!" He smiles at me then runs into the house, leaving the whore standing there, mugging me. She thought she was really good looking. I don't know what Alex sees in her.

"Thank you for letting me leave with daddy." Cree says as she hugs my waist.

"Just make sure you call me and stop acting like you don't need me sometimes. There's some things you can't discuss with daddy, but mommy is always here."

"I know. I love you."she says.

"Love you too baby."

"I love you Jhanay." Alex tells me.

"Go to hell." I rolled my eyes and Lauren smirked at me. I don't know what it meant, but I was ready to whoop her ass.

" You so stupid bitch. He Just said he loves me, in your face. Just cuz you got the man, baby girl, don't mean you Better. The way you got him, is the same way you're gonna lose him." I winked at her and her smirk disappeared.

I closed the door and locked it when they finally left. Then I rushed upstairs. "Ky baby. Pack your bags. We're leaving." He rushed to do what I said as I left his room. I packed up Karsen's stuff. When I said that I bought another house, that same day I took most of our things over there just in case Alex wanted to pop up. I packed mine and Jared's things, even though I don't know where he is. I just hope that when he sees that his things are gone, he knows where to go. "Come downstairs babies. Let's go." I yelled up the stairs.

Soon we were in the car and heading to the new house. I really hoped that this wasn't what the rest of my life was going to be like. No stability for my kids. Always on the lookout for Alex. I can't live like this forever and I don't wanna do this to my babies. I won't. I have to do something about Alex.

But what?