By now tears were in her eyes and I forgot that Hakuzu was here. "Hmph" I grunted through my nose, turning around and walking away with Hakuzu.

As we walk, it wasn't till then I heard soft cries and foot steps running behind me.

When I turn around, Mai had ran into me, hugging me. "I know you won't forgive me with what happened in the past but please forgive me Deidara! I don't want to go again or see you walk away from me again!" She sobbed into my chest.

I stiffen, not knowing what to do. "O-oi.. Get off, un.." I spoke softly, grabbing her by her shoulders as I try to push her off me. In a gentle way.

She backed away, wiping her eyes. I sighed looking away. "Go back home Mai, it's not safe for you out here, un" I utter.

She looks down, fiddling with her fingers. "I don't have a home anymore.. That's why.. Maybe.. I could stay with you?" She looks at me with her light grey eyes. The way they sparkled.. The way they shook looked so hypnotizing.

I close my eyes, having an anime tick mark grown into my forehead. "O-ne-ga-i" she pleaded in that girly soft voice she always did when she wanted something.

It gave back memories and for some reason it had an effect on me. I pinch the bridge of my nose, sighing once again heavily through my nose.

"Fine.. You can stay with me for the mean time, un-"

"Deidara I don't think that's a good idea" Hakuzu says lowly, so only I heard.

But I kept quiet. Maybe it was an bad idea?..

"Let's go, un"

_______

On the way back to the hideout, Mai couldn't seem to have stay off me.. I lost count over how many times I had to pry her off.

"So, where's this place you stay?" Mai asked, brushing herself against me.

I give her an irritated look. "It's under ground, hmm" I answered.

"Whaat? Underground? Why are you living somewhere like that? It sounds so filthy.." Mai complains.

'What did I see in her?..' I thought as my top lip twitched. She was annoying the hell out of me.

"Oh! I didn't notice him! Who is he?" She asked, referring to Hakuzu who was way ahead of us.

"That's Hakuzu, yeah"

"Ohh.. How far do we have to walk till we get to your place?"

"Not that much further. It's straight ahead" I answered.

Mai lets out an relieved sigh. "Great! My legs are killing me after that long walk! It's already evening" Mai whines looking at the sky.

I roll my eyes.

We finally approached the little hideout. Instead of the rock being there, we just left the entrance open.

Yet as we went down the stairs, you'd be greeted by a door.

"Waah! For a place underground like this, this isn't bad" Mai says, looking around the place.

Hakuzu had went into the kitchen area to prepare supper. I sat on my bed, grabbing my sketch book of arts. Adding a new idea of my next sculpture I was messing around with clay earlier.

"What this?" Mai asked, sitting next to me. She leans onto me, staring into my sketch book.

I tense, looking down at her with an irritated expression. "Would you mind backing off, Mai, un..?" I asked in the most nicest yet aggravated way I could.

She looks up at me with curious eyes. Her soft pink lips were a few inches from mine. The more I backed away, the more closer she got.

"Why are you so distanced towards me Deidara..? I know you still have something for me.. " Mai whispered, pressing her upper body against mines.

"We were inseparable.. The day I first met you, the day we first kiss.. Each day we always saw each other and there wasn't a day we didn't.. Our relationship was so strong" Mai went on.

"You forget that you severed that relationship because of your jealousy and the things you tried to do to [Name]. Not only that, but you cheated. Remember that?" Nonchalantly I said, smirking. Knowing it got under her skin.

"[Name] got in the way of our relationship, and you know it Deidara! She tried to take you away from me.. I didn't mean to cheat.. I was so petrified of losing you to her I couldn't even think straight! I didn't know I was exactly cheating until I realized it at the last moment.. I was trying to make you jealous.. I was so young and stupid back then..." Mai trails off, looking down as she plays with her clothing. Usually a sign she does when she's about to cry.

"That's why.. The reason I came here..."

"I want you to forgive me and take me back, Deidara!" Mai pleads. "You don't know how much of a hell I went through to find you.. How hard it was.. It was as if it was just by luck that I found you.. And so to let you go.. It would be all for nothing" Mai adds.

I stare at her, speechless for a moment there. But I knew, what I had for her was gone.. At the time after we broke up, I developed a different kind of feeling towards [Name]. It was always there but, I always would think that she didn't feel the same way.

That we were only best friends. And the next thing you know, later on in the year. The day I wanted to confess my feelings to [Name] I couldn't. I lost the fight to Itachi and had to leave her all alone.

I was taken out of my deep thought when Mai grabbed me by my face. If anything our lips were a few centimeters apart.

Before I could freak out, or even back away, I heard [Name]'s voice.

"What's going on?.." She questions, a ton of emotions being shown through her face.

"It's not what you-"

"Oh, [Name] it's been a while. Remember me? I'm Deidara's girlfriend" Mai says in a soft tone, giving [Name] a closed eyes smile.

"G-girlfriend..?" [Name]'s eyes landed on me. The look in her eyes gave away that she was hurt..

~~~~~}~~~~~~}~~~~~~~~~~~~~}[]

Aha.. Gomene gomene! I've been quite busy with a lot of things, but I hope this chapter was good enough for you guys!

>|< Mai... MaixDei?..

>|< I wonder how [Name].. Well you.. What will you do?

>|< o-o something totally unexpected would happen.. Maybe..

>|< May I say this is not edited or proof read, but will be soon :\.