Chapter 28

My eyes feel heavy and blood drips from my mouth, slowly. I have the urge to close my eyes and sleep, but I know I cannot. My vision becomes blurry, as I see Marc's face staring back at mine. I have to stay awake.

"Marc, the chip... We...we have to get it out." My hands found their way to the knife that punctures my stomach.

"No, Steph, save your strength. I'll go get the healing stone." Marc stopped me from pulling out the knife.

Marc leans over me and grabs a purple stone. The healing stone. Crossing back above me, my eyes feel even heavier than before.

"Stephanie, don't you close your eyes. You have to stay." Demarcus demands me.

He places his hands on the knife handle. He pulls the blade from my stomach, as I yell out in pain. Then, he pushed the stone into my wound, causing the wound to heal. I grab onto his forearm and dig my nails into his flesh, as I could feel the excruciating pain.

"We...we have to get the chip out." I say, quietly, while Marc looks to me sympathetically.

Just when he was about to say something, I took the blade from my side and cut in the back of his neck. Quickly, my fingers found their way to the chip. Flicking it out, I took the stone and stuck it to his neck, allowing it to heal as well. Marc screamed through the pain, as the stone healed him.

Suddenly, my eyes fluttered shut out of weakness. Then, soon after, Marc also passed out from the pain. We laid there, unconscious in each others arms.

~~ next day~~

Faint beeping plays into my sleep. My eyes flutter, slowly, open, only to see Marc down at me.

"Morning, sleepy head." Demarcus kept his smile on.

I feel like this is the best way to wake up. A handsome Demarcus, smiling down at you... Wait... What am I saying? I have a boyfriend...but...never mind.

Ignoring my fantasy, I ask, "when'd we get here?"

"I only woke up an hour ago. I don't know when really." Marc responded.

I sighed, questioning, "why did you come back to the ship? You could've been tortured and taken back as prisoner."

"Stephanie, do you want to know the truth?" Marc asked.

"Yes. I do." I said, weakly leaning up to listen to the answer.

"Stephanie, I lo-" before he could finish, Junior came running in.

Junior knelt down at my side and gazed up at me, "oh, Stephanie. I love you so much. I thought I lost you."

"I love you too."I replied.

Junior's eyes locked with mine, before turning around a glancing at Marc.

"I see you're back." Junior snapped.

"I can still beat the shit out of you like I did when we were younger. I thought you learned that lesson, not to piss me off." Marc snaps back, standing up.

Marc's face said it all. He hates Junior. I don't blame him. Junior has a tendency to be the world's number one jackass, but I'm glad I have him.

Marc went to go talk to Alice, Loki, and Anna. Junior helped me up and over to them all.

"What are you guys talking about?" I ask.

Marc hesitated, "Anna and I are going back to Asgard with the others tomorrow."

I feel like my heart shattered. Why do I feel like this? To be upset that Demarcus is leaving? It hurts so bad. Tears formed at the corners of my eyes.

"Marc, you were gone for an entire year before...and now you're leaving again?" I ask, almost crying.

He nodded, slowly, "yes. But this trip will only be a month and I know I'll come back."

"You better." I say.

~~a month later~~

Junior and I have been growing apart. Although, he doesn't like to admit it. He's too in love with me. And lately, it feels as if I'm falling out of love with him. He's become a little too harsh with me. For instance, when Marc left and Junior and I were alone, he yelled at me. He really did scare me. He yelled at me just for missing Marc.

I'm starting to think he was mad because he knows...he'll never be my true hero.

Halfway through the month, I figured out that Thor has a son! Who knew? He's pretty cool. His name is Kier. The thing is, he usually stays up in Asgard. That's why Thor had been making so many trips there, lately.

I sat at the door, waiting for Marc to arrive, he should be back today. At one point, Dad came through the door and I practically mauled him. He got sorta mad, but oh well. I thought it was Marc.

Suddenly, the door opens. I wait a moment, until I see his bright, blue eyes. I run to him and throw myself into him.

"You're back!" I exclaim.

He pulls back and gazes at me for a moment, "how was Asgard?" I ask, before he pulls me to the couch to tell me.

"Well, my first day there, I got to meet my grandfather.. He's a total ass. The next day, I go to show my fighting skills to the Warriors there and Lady Sif. The next day, we went horse-back-riding to the lake. One day Dad, uncle Thor, and I went to Vanaheim on a hunting trip that lasted two weeks and ended up with nothing. Though, we did have fun. After that day, we enjoyed doing nothing and finally, I'm here." Marc explained his entire trip.

"Sounds like you had fun." I said, slightly smiling.

For a moment, there was silence, then, "oh and call everybody downstairs. Dad is having a big announcement in Asgard and he wants everyone there." Marc said, hesitating, "if you want, you can bring your boyfriend."

I thought for a moment, then nodded my head, slowly.

I met Marc at the Bifrost circle where everyone else was at. Suddenly, we were sucked up, straight into the sky. Uncle Thor had told me about the experience before, but it's different doing it, rather than hearing it.

We began to walk, once we were in Asgard. I held Junior's hand at my side. Every time I would say something to Marc, he'd begin to crush my hand. He's jealous of Demarcus. If I tried to let go of Junior's hand, he'd hold my hand even harder.

Marc would keep pointing out magnificent things. Asgard is a beautiful place. I love it already.

"That window up there," he pointed to a golden tower, "that's the north tower. Best place to star gaze."

The golden city. It's gorgeous. We arrived at a huge palace. Marc walked ahead of us, then waved for us to follow. Uncle Thor, Jane, and Kier were sitting at a large table, along with Alice, Loki, and Anna.

"They're here." Alice tapped Loki's shoulder.

Sitting at the table with the others, Junior sat at my left side, while Marc sat at my right. Marc playfully nudged me. I smirked at his cute little game, and shoved him harder.

Loki stood up in front of the table, uneasily, "I would like to enlighten you by saying Asgard has had an elongated alliance with Vanaheim. After the Thanos war, they thought that we had abandoned our treaty. They are threatening war if we do not prove our alliance. Thor will not marry off Kier, only because he is too young. Now, we need to marry off one of my children."

I tended as he said "one of his children".

"You mean, you're going to marry Anna off to a Prince?" I ask, hopefully.

"No. I'm marrying Demarcus off to Princess Ravenna." He said.

My mind spun in circles. Marc? Marrying some...brat? Really? Why? Why? Why?

"Wait... Back the WTF truck back here!" Marc yelled, "me? Let me make sure you said it right. Demarcus. Your son. Your one and only son is being married off to some spoilt brat?"

"Yes, Demarcus." Loki replied.

Marc nodded to Bruce, "okay. Time to turn green and bash my head in."

Stark's Daughterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें