Cause the party doesn't start 'til I walk in

Eopei was absolutely gorgeous in her traditional attire.
I looked more or less okay.

Of course, it's difficult to picture myself in a Greek dress but I seemed to fit in it alright.

We made our way through the camp to where the music has already started and where a small crowd of soldier had gathered.

Sure enough, in the middle of the crowd were set a few tables with a fire in the middle. Food was being served and drinks poured out of nowhere. Soldiers cheered, officers laughed and even Caesar was attending.

Eopei was the first to make her way through the crowd and join the side of her brother, who was eating his face off. Quickly, I followed her and took a seat next to them.

The music grew louder and more cheerful as the minutes passed and I felt myself being carried by the feeling of the night.

After a few plates of food, Eopei volunteered to demonstrate some Egyptian dance and begged me to follow her.
Trying my best at dancing, I copied her movies and let myself being wrapped up by the music, the scents of spices and the warmth of the evening.

"You should dance too, officer." Eopei demanded and offered her hand to Tatum Marcus. He grabbed it and she pulled him onto the warm sand.
The music instantly changed to a more roman style and Tatum guided her into the dance.
I was starting to feel out of place, the girl who didn't have a comrade to dance with and was forced to watch her possible crush dance with another woman.

"May I?" Officer Aero asked me and I nodded.
Soon, he pulled me closer to him and we danced. It felt different than waltzing or clubbing in my time but it was still enjoyable.

Apparently, when the music changed, we had to change partners because Eopei grabbed Aero and danced with him, leaving me alone with Tatum Marcus.

"I won't eat you." He said and gestured for me to come closer.

"I don't necessarily trust you that much either." I said but obeyed anyway.

The minutes went by but we did not change partners again. The night was growing colder and people were already going to sleep.

Eopei excused herself out to her tent, followed by her brother and finally the emperor.
It didn't long for me to get tired and I also went to sleep.

What might have seemed like hours because of my tired state but have been only minutes because someone shouted outside and sounds of people running woke me up.

Then seconds later, General Tatum Marcus walked inside my tent.

"Grab a sword and let's go" he whispered.

"What is going on?" I asked, still not properly awake.

"I said grab a sword and let's go" he ordered as he packed a soldier bag of a cape and some necessary things before grabbing by arm and pulling me out of bed.

"What is going on?"

"We're attacked, that's what's going. In. The Egyptian forces seemed to have trapped us and are charging in a minute or so."

That woke me up.

Not letting go of my hand, Tatum rushed us outside and I saw solids pouring out of their tents, running toward their equipments, putting on their armor and rushing everywhere.

Horses were brought to us and Tatum pushed me up onto it.
He then got on behind me, and made the horse gallop forward.

"What about Princess Eopei and her brother? Officer Aero?"