Welcome to the real world

"AHHHHHHHH"

I jumped on Tatum and slammed my hand onto his mouth. His eyes were wide open in fear and he was shaking a bit. I heard footsteps going up the stairs and my step mum's voice.

"Andy?"

"I'm watching a movie... Sorry" I said quickly and gesture to Tatum to stay quiet. He nodded but I still didn't move my hand away. I waited until I heard the footsteps move away from my door and when I was sure that she had definitively left, I moved my hand away from Tatum's mouth. He stared at me, wide eyes open.

"Where are we?" he asked.

"It's where I live."

"We're in the heavens?" His eyes grew wider and he looked around my bedroom. I watched him standing up, and checking the room out, touching things he didn't know and me following making sure he wouldn't break anything.

We spend about ten minutes like that, him asking about some objects and me explaining what it was.

Suddenly, my phone rang and Tatum jumped in surprised. I took out my phone, pointed at it and simply said "Phone"

"Phone" he repeated, sort of amazed that the shiny metal thing in my hand could produce a song and light up. I told him to wait and be quiet for  few minutes.

"Hello?"
"Wassup bichhhh?"
"Hi Amelia."
"I was thinking that maybe you could come over for tonight. I've got a good movie and also need help in a few of my homework."

I started at Tatum who had moved on to discover what a computer was.  I made a gesture with my hand that meant that he couldn't touch that and focused back on my best friend.

"Do you have someone over? I can hear something in the background.... I SWEAR TO GOD ANDROMEDA IF YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME I AM GOING TO KILL YOU" she yelled.

"Amelia... You're still my best friend, I wouldn't betray  you for anything."
"Good. Because I'm the only one allowed to paint your nails." She declared.

Tatum must have tripped over something because he fell down and looked back up as if gravity had played a trick on him.

"You definitively have someone over" Amelia stated through the phone.

"Em? How about you come over? You can sleep here and all."

"Great. Be there in a few minutes"
"Oh! And bring your older brother's clothes"

I hanged up , helped Tatum up and placed my hands on my hips.

"What are we gonna do?" he asked unsure as I stared at him.

"How about you take that armor off first?"

"That's messed up" Amelia said as I explained the situation to her.

At first, she straight up thought I was crazy, but when she saw Tatum and then heard him speak she started to believe me a bit more. Of course, I had to make up a story about who Tatum was and what he was going to do here.

We agreed on a simple story :
 1. Tatum was  a long related cousin from Italy who had come on a vacation here (which was totally fine since we did have a long lost family in Italy and Dad didn't know them at all).

2.  We'd got in contact through Facebook (which I hadn't introduced Tatum to yet).

3. He was going to go straight back to Ancient Rome as soon as I would be able to go back as well.

"No one is going to think he's normal if he starts walking around like that". Amelia pointed out.

We both turned around to stare at Tatum who was sitting on my bed, trying to read one of my books. So we decided to teach him how to read in English first. Amelia would write things down and I'd teach him. He learned quickly, which was very impressive because children take a lot of time to learn how to read but he didn't take much longer than two hours. When Amelia went down to take snacks for us, I practiced a bit more with Tatum.
"You guys realize that I don't understand what you're saying right?" she told me when she came back, a few bags of crisp.  
"What do you mean?"
"Well whatever you're saying. It's not English. It might be ancient Roman , but I can't understand a word. It might be the necklace then, because I don't know how you could speak fluent ancient roman like that in only a couple of days or weeks. It might act as a translator thing you know? Like if you're exposed to it long enough then you understand what they say and you can speak back to them".

I stared at the necklace for a while and back at Tatum.
"Shit." I said.

"He can't stay here. Your step mother will find out at some point and you're gonna be in deep trouble." She added on "We're gonna have to bring him to school."

The thought of Tatum mixing with the rest of my schoolmates gave me chills down the spine. It was going to be a mess...

"Give him the necklace" Amelia told me "Let's see if he can understand us when he wears it"

I stood up and got the necklace, and tried to put it around Tatum's neck. He let me do it, then I sat back down on the floor with Amelia.

"Do you think it's working?" she asked, staring at Tatum but not leaning toward me.

"I don't know... You say something."

"He doesn't know me. You say something"

"It was your idea" I pointed out. She sighed, moved a strand of her hair behind her ear and looked at Tatum right in the eyes.

" I swear to god I'm going to regret it" she whispered and added in a louder tone "Hey you. What's your name?"

Tatum was just staring back at us, a bit confused, on the bed. He seemed to be thinking about something. Amelia sighed loudly and turned to me. If Tatum didn't understand us without me wearing the necklace, it was going to be very complicated. My step mother wouldn't let me go out of the house wearing it and there was no way I'd leave Tatum alone here without an adult supervision. By adult supervision, I meant me or Amelia.

"My name's Tatum Marcus and you?"

We spend the following hours teaching Tatum common phrases and expression he'd be able to use at school, as well as politeness and how to behave at school. Then we moved on to the difficult part:

Trying to make him look "teenagy".

Under no circumstances he had let me touch his armor and hadn't wanted to take it off either. Luckily, I had asked Amelia to bring a few of her brother's clothes just in case. The two of us forced him to go take a shower and put on some comfy clothes, which were basically a pair of sport trousers and a white shirt.

He looked good. Like, extremely good.

Amelia noticed that too. But she didn't say anything apart from elbowing me in the ribs.
"I don't understand why you guys haven't gone further than 10 centimeters away from one another"

"Ha.Ha. Very funny. Must I remind you that he will run away with a Egyptian princess?" I hissed.

Tatum hadn't yet understood the entire English language, but I was pretty sure he could understand what we were saying.
"Anyway, let's sleep we've got school tomorrow."  Amelia pointed out as she moved toward the bed and got in next to Tatum. He stared at her as if she had just murdered someone in front of her.
"I'm  not going to bite you" she said and turned her back to him. I chuckled and made sure the door was locked then moved in between the two of them.
" 'Night" murmured Amelia as she drifted to sleep. I put the necklace so that it wouldn't bring us back to Ancient Rome. I had school tomorrow and there was no way I could miss it.
"Goodnight" I replied back as I brought the cover up to my shoulders.

A few minutes went passed until Tatum replied "Goodnight" and in the dark, I smiled to myself.

(A/N) hi guys! So i updated rather quickly so you had a bit to read for now :P i'm thinking of changing cast for the character of Tatum because no matter how much i love Channing Tatum, I don't think he's adequate enough to play the role.... Let me know if you have an actor/model in mind and I'll check them out. Just comment for that ;P I was thinking maybe Baptiste Giabiconi but not sure yet.

xoxo

Stella1347