Chapter Five

"Malfoy! Wait up!" I heard a familiar voice behind me running my direction. I heard the girls' voice constantly in Arithmetic and most of the time I had class with the Gryffindors. It was a girl that knew the answer to every single question the professor asked; be it the weather or the number of stars in the universe. It was (of course) Mud blood.

I turned around sighing and realized she was rushing to someone else. She had her hands wrapped around her books of Dark Arts, she put the books down to the floor and handed a notebook on top of the pile  of books to my brother. The notebook was recognizable, it had Draco's name written in bold silver letters.  Draco stared at the exercise book for a couple of seconds before taking it.

"Thank you." He muttered in a barely audible voice. It was obvious that his 'thank you' was forced. He was about to turn around and walk away, but mud blood put her hand on his shoulder, hesitantly. He was shocked at first, but turned back to her almost immediately. "What do you want?"

"Can I walk you to the Slytherin dungeons?" she asked in the most polite voice I've ever heard. She scratched her hand and waited for his answer. Draco seemed to think for a while before finally replying. "I've been here for 7 years; I think I know my way around here."

"Yeah, you're right. But I just wanted to---you know..." she stopped in the middle of her sentence, Draco raised his eyebrow for her to continue her sentence. She looked at Draco and his notebook one more time before picking up her books. "However as an afterthought, I'd better go study. Arithmetic test tomorrow." she scratched her head and smiled quickly before walking away. Draco stood still as he watched her walk away. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it after.

"Desperate." Draco laughed and walked with me to the dining room. I smiled at him, shuffling his mop of platinum blonde hair. He didn't like it and in a voice full of irritation he mumbled, "Do quit doing that." I glared at him, as he put his hair back into his normal and boring neat coiffure. 

"Maybe, mud blood just wanted to be friends with you." I assumed, looking at his notebook, which he held firmly in his hand. He  seemed to interpret the idea but quickly brushed the idea off. "You know, how typical relationships start? Yes, Draco, with friendship."

"You do know that I am not in the mood for your illogical jokes right now, right?" he said as he opened the doors of the dining room and searched for a seat in the Slytherins' table. He found one and sat near Anderson, who seemed to be telling a story to his friends about himself. They were all interested, they ooh-ed and ahh--ed about everything he was saying.

"Nope, I do not know." I whispered to myself as I joined my group of friends; Christina, Lia and Sarah. 

"Girls!" I practically shouted with excitement as I sat down, immediately taking a fork and a spoon and munching down everything that was in my sight.

"Ella!" they smiled and their earlier on boiling conversation stopped. There was a silence and I wondered what happened.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"We heard that...." Sarah started, a smile was about to crack on her face.

"Potter...." Lia continued, holding the tension.

"We heard that Potter and Ray had a duel!" Tina burst in excitement.

"So?" I asked, why was this such an important information?

"They had a duel over you! At midnight!" I took a moment to analyze that and pretended to vomit.

"Ew..." was all I could say. They all chuckled and continued telling me how everything happened.

At the end I asked, "And who won?" 

"We'll tell you later," Lia whispered.
--
That day there was a Quidditch match and Tina was one of the players. So we went to watch the game.

"GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!"

Excitement. Glory. Happiness. Relief. Joy.

All of these emotions burst when the last seconds of the Qutdditch match were coming to an end. The game was over and the winners were quite obvious. It was a match of 270:140. All of these emotions of joy belonged to the other team. I saw Christina crying and throwing her broomstick; as if she was going to break it into tiny pieces of wood and my brother walking out of the field with fury, followed by a couple of other green-coated Slytherins.

Lia, Sarah and I rushed to Tina, who looked very fragile; as if she would break any moment. "I-I tried!G-gryffindir won..." Tina sobbed. I hugged her and reassured, "It's just one game. We believe in you no matter what." I patted her back.

"Sweetheart, don't worry." Sarah joined to hug. Lia however seemed to find nothing to say, like she didn't know how to comfort a crying person. "It'll be alright," was all she said and joined the group hug. We stood in the middle of the field hugging each other while Tina sobbed on an on. We comforted her as much as we could.

"Compose yourself." Anderson came out of nowhere, he broke our group hug with no effort and intertwined his hand with Tina's. She wiped her tears and looked up to him, surprised. "Even when you're crying you look so beautiful," he winked and grinned. Tina rolled her eyes and pulled her hand away from him. "Idiot."

"Mission accomplished; you aren't crying anymore!" his eyes twinkled with happiness. "Now I suggest something that will lift everyone's mood...and of course it's ice cream in the middle of October!"

"Wait, Anderson where did you come from?" I asked dumbfounded.

"From Hogwarts, now the thing is, Malfoy where did you come from?" he mocked my voice.  "Am I not allowed to do a simple act of kindness?" he forced a smile and ignored me for the rest of the walk to get ice creams. He was joking and laughing with the other girls, isolating me completely. I shrugged it off, but something he whispered to himself really irritated me.

"After all, it's Potter."