Chapter Three

"So umm, Ella, right?"

"Right." I said turning around. I could feel Draco glaring at me. His enemy was talking to me.

"Professor McGonnacal wanted me to show you around. She said that it will help make peace between our houses. Anyways do you know me?" he shook my hand, before I could pull it away.

"Yeah, but my brother will tour me. I don't need your help." I said brusquely.

"She's the headmistress." he reminded me.

"So what?"

"Just like your brother; you're apathetic. Not a surprise." He sighed.

"Look... Rule number one; you, and especially people of your type, don't call me names even if they're 'harmless'. Rule number two; no one orders me around. Rule number three; when I say 'so what' you better zip it. End of story." I turned back to my food.

"Ouch," Anderson commented, resulting in a huge laughter from the the Slytherin table.

Lia was one of the only ones who looked disappointed.

"Ella, he's the Harry Potter!" Lia whispered. "He saved us from the Dark For----" she stopped speaking, her voice had a hint of hesitation.

I ignored her. Suddenly Potter grabbed my arm and whispered into my ear.

"Now you look, I was assigned something and I do it. I respect teachers unlike you." I pulled off, "Potter, are you threatening me?"

"No. Just asking politely." he stopped for a second, "Let's not make a simple thing complicated."

"I don't care, it is your problem. Mine, is that I have to get another serving of pudding. Bye bye." I was about to sit down but, professor McGonnacal came up to us with a worried expression on her face, "Is there a problem children?"

"No ma'am we were just about to start our little tour with a discussion about the four houses." Silly Potter, such a liar.

"Good idea Mr. Potter. Ms. Malfoy are you ready? Hogwarts is an immense school, I recommend you start with the Quidditch field," Professor McGonnacal suggested.

"You're right ma'am we should start from there, I personally adore watching Quidditch," I joined the conversation, scolding myself mentally for giving in. What has gotten into me?

"Actually Professor I could help her, after all I am in Slytherin." Anderson waved his hand in the air desperately.

"No thank you Mr. Anderson, I cannot trust you with a new student," the professor denied.

"It's not as if I'm going to bite," I heard Anderson mutter.

"Alright, Mr. Potter and Ms. Malfoy you may commence your tour."

"Follow me." Potter showed the way out of the dining room. I followed him as we slowly walked towards the Quidditch pitch. The warm afternoon breeze gave me a wonderful feeling and I felt like running bare feet in the freshly mowned grass of the Quidditch field.

"I also like it here, one of the few places where I get to be myself." Potter inhaled deeply, smiling at the field as if he was born and raised in it.

"Also? I never said that I like it here," I said rudely, he didn't respond, so I decided to say something even nastier to him;

"Mine is the library, except if I do go there ever so often I may seem like a nerd...so I don't, it might ruin my reputation," okay I didn't sound rude, in fact I sounded kind, kind to Potter; who is supposed to be my enemy.

He chuckled before he continued, "I won't think you're a nerd even if you do go there ever so often, you don't seem like that type,"

"Is that a compliment or an insult?" I smiled. He looked at me and handed me his broomstick which was, strangely, earlier on lying on the field.

"You're into Quidditch?" he asked.

"Well, maybe." I answered.

"Is that a yes?" he asked.

"That's a..." I stopped myself before from saying yes, "No."

"Okay," he responded without emotion.

"Good, now show me the way back inside," I ordered, trying to stop sounding so gentle.

"You don't remember the way back?" he smiled.

"If I would've remembered I wouldn't have asked you, now would I?"

"Blimey Malfoy, you sound just like Hermione," he said and we started walking back to the colossal building. 

______________________________

Potter and I reached the Slytherin dungeons; it was the last place to visit from the tour. Surprisingly, Potter wasn't that bad, but after all I have to follow the rules that makes me a Malfoy.

Those were the rules that our father had written, yes actually written, for Draco before his second year, and the same rules applied to me.

Rule N1: Potter is your enemy.

"Well see you later," his voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah, I also hope to see you later, oh and when will we have lessons together?" I said desperately but only in my head....

Instead....

"Hope it's a never,"

"As you wish," he replied walking away.

I sighed; does my mouth have a mind of its own?