0.6; "Here goes nothing."

Start from the beginning

We just stood there for a moment before I slightly backed away. I can't do this.

"We should probably finish taking the pictures." I said. Her slight smile went blank. "Oh, yeah. We should.." She said quietly, before walking back down to grab her camera. I just can't do it. I can't let myself feel anything for her, I refuse. I have to think of her as just a girl, that's she's just like all the other girls I've dated in the past, but I just can't seem too and I don't know why.

"I have a question." She asked me. I turned around. "What might that be?" I asked with a curved smirk. She walked back up onto the bridge, before glancing at me.

"Why did you save me?"

R I L E Y

His smile dropped instantly.

"I didn't." He said sternly. "Oh yeah, you 'tripped.'" I said, emphasizing the word 'tripped'. He didn't say anything.

"If you don't care about anything, then why did you stop Conner from hitting me with the ball?" I asked. I could see his jaw tense. "Look, I tripped. If the ball would've hit you, fine. Whatever. I don't care." He spat. Ouch. He turned around, and started heading towards the doors. "You're lying straight to my face. People get hurt by you how does it not matter." I said. He stopped dead in his tracks. He turned around and looked me in the eyes, waking straight up to my face. My teeth were clenched together and my body was tense. He did something I never thought he would do.

He gently grabbed my hand and held it up.

"None of this, matters to me. None of it." He said. His face was stern, but his eyes were soft.

I glared at him, before I quickly pulled my hand away, storming off. I don't think I've ever met someone as ignorant as him.

>>>>>>>>>>

I asked Farkle to meet me at Topanga's, (Yes, my mom has a bakery named after her, yes she sometimes works there, because she was involved with the company's lawsuit and lady who owned it passed away, and asked if my mom would like it. She said yes,) anyway, since, Maya is sick. I just needed to talk to a friend right now. I sat down in the puffy chair, before Farkle walked in.

"Hi Riley." Farkled smiled. Farkle wasn't bad looking, he was actually kind of cute, but I didn't like him in that way. Only as a friend.

"Hey Farkle." I smiled. I really just needed to get my mind off of things. Off of certain things.

"Is there something you need to talk to me about?" Farkle said, breaking the silence. I sighed, shaking my head. He looked at me.

"He's had a rough past, Riley." Farkle suddenly said. "I don't want to talk about him, Farkle-" "You need to know." He cut me off. I sighed, before letting him finish. "Being the biggest brainiac in school, I stay over school hours a lot, helping with things. And I overheard him talking on the phone. It was like 7 at night, and nobody else was there but me. I was hiding behind a wall so he couldn't see me. I overheard him talking about things. Not many, but apparently something bad happened back when he lived in Texas. Apparently he lives all by himself. I'm the only one who knows this. I've never even told Maya. But I overheard that a long time ago." Farkle replied. "Thanks for telling me that but I'm not getting involved with Lucas, he's just another guy. I'm just going to ignore him from now on." I said. Farkle smiled. "That's good. Now that we have that cleared up, want to get some ice cream and head to the movies?" Farkle asked. I clapped my hands together. "Can we see The Spongebob movie?" I giggled. "Yes if that's what you wanna see." He laughed as we stood up and I did a little happy dance. We got our ice cream and headed out the door.

>>>>>>>>

L U C A S

I walked through the chilly air, over to my old truck. I threw my bag in and started it. I couldn't help but just think about what happened between me and Riley earlier. I was so rude to her. I shook my head as I started driving towards my house. I could see that I hurt her, the way her eyes went dull and her face drained of color. It took every ounce in my body to say that. I don't deserve her. I don't deserve anything because of who I am. I really hurt her feelings, but I just couldn't let myself do it. I couldn't give in.

I parked in front of an old shaggy apartment building. I hopped out, locking my truck I door before walking inside. I lived alone, in an apartment building on the south side of town. I told the school board that I lived with my uncle, but that he had a job that caused him to travel all the time. Little did they know that I actually didn't live with anyone, that I lived all alone. That's why I'm not in a foster home. 

I sighed, walking over to the tiny fridge and grabbing myself a water bottle, before throwing my leather jacket over across to my bed and plopping down in a chair. The apartment was the size of a hotel room, so it didn't cost too much for me to pay. Besides my two jobs just got me by. Working at a coffee shop on the weekends and well, illegally boxing on weekday nights. I know it's terrible, but I don't have a choice. No other places would hire me, and Zay said that his uncle needed a rookie boxer, and that I would get paid. I've been doing it for months now to get by. Zay knew about this, but Conner didn't. I'd never trust Conner, even though he is technically my 'friend". Zay is the only person that I feel like I can trust, well there's one more person but right now she probably wants to rip my head off because I was such an ass to her earlier. Zay is practically my best friend, he knows a lot about me, but I've never told him about my past in Texas. I've never told anyone, and never will.

As I was staring out into blank space, my mind trailed over to Riley. How is it possible that this one girl, who I've only known for a week, can stay in my mind almost the entire day. She's so, different. She's fascinating, but I just don't understand. I can't fall for her, don't fall don't get hurt. Ive had to tell myself that everyday since I've met her. I just can't get her out of my head.

Suddenly I heard my phone ring, snapping me out of my daze. It was Zay. I answered it.

"Yeah?" I asked. "I'm outside waiting on you you slow shit!" Zay yelled through the phone. I looked at the time. "Shit!" I cursed. I didn't realize that I dazed off for so long. "I'll be out in three." I replied, quickly hanging up the phone. I ran to my bedroom, throwing off my clothes and slipping on some boxing shorts and a white t shirt. I changed my shoes and grabbed my gloves and mouth guard, before slipping my phone in my pocket and running out the door.

"You're the slowest person I've ever met." Zay laughed, as I jumped into his truck. "Shut up." I murmured. "Aye somebody's got his panties in a twist." Zay said sarcastically as he pulled out. "Just not in a good mood." I sighed. "Well you better be soon because you'll be hitting the jackpot tonight my boy!" He shouted, before blasting on the radio. I laughed at him as we drove to the old warehouse. I took a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

>>>>>>

A/N: hello lovelies! I hope you liked this chapter. We finally got to learn more about Lucas, and later on in the story we will learn even more. How did you guys like this chapter? I know that this Lucas isn't anything like the real Lucas but this is a fictional story, so I wanted to make it very different. What did you guys think about:

ZAY AND LUCAS BEING BESTIES (cute right)

LUCAS'S POV THO !!!!

RILEY AND FARKLE GOING TO SEE SPONGEBOB & THEIR FRIENDSHIP

MAYAS SICK :(

LUCAS BEING A BOXER THOUGH. WOAH.

Have a lovely day beautifuls <3