Ready to Fall

Althea can't escape Kathleen's arms. She never let her go near her friends. She knows that night, Kathleen was extra sweet on her, the touch, the way she tucks her in her arms. Althea is very cautious. She knows that Jade is just around and can see them.

ALTHEA'S POV

"Kathleen, excuse me for a while, I'll just say hi to my friends"

"Is your bestfriend staring?"

sabi sakin ni Kathleen and I just smiled.

"I just wanna say hi, di ko pa sila nakakausap since we arrived"

Kathleen nodded. Nararamdaman kong masyado syang possessive sa akin kahit hindi pa kami. I looked for Jade around the ballroom and saw her kissed David on the cheeks and hugged him... sila na ba? No it can't be. I was nailed on the ground, parang tumigil ang mundo ko. She saw me staring at them, she was shocked and I ran away.

"Hey Althea, where are you going?"

habol ni Batchi. Nagulat sila ni Bianca ng maya maya, si Jade naman ang humabol sakin.

"Batchi, this ain't good"

wika ni Bianca. Nagkatinginan sila ni Batchi at hinabol na rin kami.

"Althea wait, mag usap tayo. Althea, ano ba?!"

sigaw ni Jade. I stopped and tried to compose myself before turning towards her

"Bespren, I'm happy for you and David. Pero sana, ako yung una mong sabihan ng mga joys mo in your relationship, yun lang naman ang gusto ko"

Bago pa makapagpaliwanag si Jade, dumating si Kathleen

"Althea, is everything alright?"

biglang nag iba ang timpla ng mukha ni Jade

"Yes Kathleen, everything's alright. You can take Althea back with you, I don't wanna bother you guys"

"Kathleen, wait for me inside, I'll just talk to Jade"

Kathleen nodded and kissed me on the cheek. I was surprised sa ginawa nya and tears rolled down from Jade's cheeks

"Jade, it's not what you think"

"No I'm okay Althea"

sabay talikod ni Jade. Hinabol ko sya pero nagpupumiglas sya

"I said I'm okay!"

sigaw nya, na syang dating ni Batchi at Bianca.

"Jade, what's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong?! Ask yourself! Oo nga pala, bestfriend mo lang ako kaya wala akong karapatang diktahan ka"

Napatanga nalang si Batchi at Bianca.

"Ang manhid mo Althea! Pinilit kong intindihin ka kasi mahal kita. Mahal kita higit pa sa kung anong meron tayo ngayon. Alam ko masaya ka kay Kathleen, alam kong pagod kana kaya di mo na kayang tapusin ang homeworks mo kaya ako nalang ang umuunawa. Napapagod din ako, pero anong magagawa ko, mahal kita e, even I know that you won't love me back the way you love Kathleen. And FYI, binasted ko pala yung pinsan mo kanina"

I was moved with the words she said. I felt so stupid because I'm protecting this girl to get hurt, but what am I doing now. My words are not enough. I cupped her cheeks, wiped her tears and kissed her on the lips. I want to let her feel that I wanna make things better, and she kissed me back

"And I love you too Jade. I was afraid with what I feel for you kasi ayokong mawala ang bestfriend ko. Naduwag ako and I'm so sorry. Ikaw pa yung nagkaroon ng lakas ng loob na sabihin yung feelings mo"

and I kissed her again. We hugged each other then I heard Batchi on the background

"So paano ba yan, Jathea na ang ipupush natin"

sabay apir kay Bianca. Sa sobrang hiya ni Jade, napatalikod sya while laughing. I pulled her close to my chest, protecting her from the annoying Batchi

"Stop teasing my girlfriend"

sabay hampas sa braso ni Batchi. Bianca smiled and hugged me

"Take care of my bestfriend"

I smiled and nod at her. She hugged Jade after

"Happy nako kasi happy kana bestie"

nagkaiyakan pa silang dalawa.

"Althea, pag pinaiyak mo 'tong bestie ko, sinasabi ko sayo, tatalupan kita ng buhay"

"Don't worry. I'll make sure that she's gonna be the happiest girl in the world"

I hugged Jade and kissed her on the forehead.