Chapter 16

{Continuation from the last chapter}

"Momma Katherine I've missed you so much," I said as I laid my head on her lap while she braided my hair.

"I've missed you so much more baby bear. I promised your Mum since high school that I would always be there for her. When you were born I promised to always be there for you and I will keep this promise with you, Zayn and your baby."

"How did you and Mum meet?"

"I was three years ahead of her in high school she was fifteen and I was twenty. I started school late because of my birthday. We worked at the same place so we quickly became friends. It wasn't until she was eighteen when she fell pregnant with you. Your biological father and grandparents completely rejected her so we shared a flat together. Your mother loved you, Harry, I want you to know that. When she passed she told me to never let you forget her. I made that my goal as you grew up but then the guy she was seeing at the time came over to see you. I let you and him go outside to play and then you were gone." I wiped the tears that fell down her face.

"Momma Katherine it's okay. I'm not mad at you or upset. If it wasn't for Derek I would have never met Zayn. Zayn is my everything and I don't know where I would be if I would have never met Zayn. And I never want you to leave me either.'

"I promise baby bear I'm here for as long as you want me." Momma Katherine smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Momma Katherine. would you like you like to be Zaira's godmother?"

"I would be honored. Momma Katherine smiled. I love you baby bear"

"I love you Momma bear." 

******

October 25th, 2019

They next morning felt a bit different to me. Rolling over in bed I noticed that Zayn wasn't in bed. Sitting up I got out of bed and checked on Zaira. Picking her up I laid her against my chest and into her nursery. Even though I'm worried about where Zayn is Zaira came first. I laid her on the changing table and bent over to get the wipes, rash cream, a nappy and a new outfit. 

When she was all nice and clean I put on my baby sling and placed her in it. I took out my phone to call Zayn while I made a bottle for Zaira.

"Uh hey this is Zayn-" Hanging up sighed as Zaira started to cry loudly.

"Okay Okay. Mummy's sorry. I got distracted trying to call daddy." I cooed to help but it didn't help at all she just cried louder if that was possible. I screwed on the lid and sat down on at the kitchen table to feed her. She immediately began to suckle on the nipple.

"Is that better baby girl? I hope your daddy calls me back. Do you want to talk to daddy?" I asked her rubbing my finger on her cheek when she stopped sucking on the bottle I sat her up and patted her back to burp her. Once she burped I was placing her back into my baby sling when I heard the front door open.

"Baby? You Okay?" I heard Zayn call.

"I'm in here"

"Hey, baby. How are you and the baby?

"Fine, I just finished feeding her. I'm about to lay her down for a nap."

"Okay I'll be in the kitchen cooking and don't come in here it's a surprise. " He said before he disappeared into the kitchen. Laying Zaira in her bassinet laid down on the couch feeling a little tired.

******

Hour And 20 minutes later

I sat up on the couch and rubbed my eyes. looking towards the kitchen door I noticed that there were pink rose petals on the floor. Before I could go into the kitchen I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, I turned around to meet Zayn in a tuxedo.

"Zayn what is this? Where's Zaira?"

"She's upstairs in the nursery. Don't worry the other baby monitor in the kitchen. Now would you like to go on a date with me?"

"I would love to but we have a baby now I -"

"Baby relax. We are having our date here. Follow me."

"But Zayn I look a mess." I pouted.

"That's alright " Hooking my arm with Zayn's he brought me into the kitchen. The lights were dimmed and there were candles on the counters. More pink rose petals were scattered throughout the kitchen and the table. Zayn pulled out my chair and pushed it in, like the true gentleman he is. He took his place at the other end of the table and kissed my hand.

"You look beautiful."

"No, I look horrible. I'm pretty sure I have spit up in my hair." I chuckled embarrassedly.

"No matter what you look like you'll still be beautiful and sexy." I blushed deeply and leaned over the table to kiss him. Zayn smiled and rubbed his hand against my cheek.

"Harry. You have no idea how you make me feel. You make me happy, confused, sad, and mad all at the same time. You make me happy because when you smile and laugh you light up a room. You make me confused because the times that I had hurt you I wonder why you are still with me. You make me sad because I feel that one day you're going to wake and realize that I'm not enough for you. You make me mad because you can do so much better than me. And lastly, you showed me how to love. I have never loved anyone as much as I love you. Harry, you have made a boyfriend and father." Zayn got out of his chair and kneeled in front of me pulling out a black velvet box out of his pocket. I froze my eyes tearing up.

"And now I want to make you my husband. Harry, will you marry me?" I could feel my head nodding yes before I could get any words out.

"Yes, Yes, Yes! I'll marry you." Zayn slid the ring onto my finger and brought me into a hug and a passionate kiss.

"Thank you for making me the happiest man in the world. I love you."

"I love you more." I sniffed. I was going to say something when a cry broke through the baby monitor.

"I got it, babe. I haven't seen my princess all morning." Zayn said before he ran up the stairs. I slowly sat down in my chair and stared at my engagement ring. It reminded me of Zayn's flower tattoo on his arm which is my favorite tattoo. It was like having a little piece of him everywhere I go. This ring is absolutely perfect and I can't wait to marry him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited

Aww, I absolutely have no words that was so beautiful. *Sobs!!

Alright, Lovelies this is a surprise chapter. I couldn't wait to next weekend so I decided to post it now. Hope you all enjoy!! Bye!!

-KittyCuddles*