Chapter 8- We'll See

Start from the beginning

I shook my head. Nah! Lancelin will never agree to that, he might even get angry if I mentioned it to him, so I won't tell. And intruding on a family lunch seems too awkward anyway...although I am at least a little bit curious to know who Ms. Eustis is...okay, I'm damn curious, but like I said, Lance just might murder me if I even mentioned it to him.

Shrugging, I went back to picking up files from the floor and arranging them back into place. Better get things cleaned up before His Highness wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and decides he's in a mood to fire me.

Lancelin's P.O.V:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock going off and the doorbell ringing at the same time. I closed my eyes for a few seconds to get rid of the headache but to no avail.

Getting up, I headed straight for a hot shower and changed into a pair of light blue jeans, a pink shirt and a white jacket. It's the most casual I've ever dressed but today I wanted comfort over style. The thing I'd been searching for had taken me all night to find and looking at it has had me worried and frustrated. I put on my wristwatch and turned my cell phone on. As soon as the screen lit up, I found 12 missed calls from Acelin.

Damn it! What does he want now? I called his number and waited for him to pick up.

"Lance, I get it Sanaya told you all the details?" Were his first words.

"Told me what?" I frowned, as I went out my bedroom door and walked to the glass wall to look out at New York.

"Our sister called us for lunch today. And she wants to meet Sanaya too, so I invited her."

"You did what?" The headache that had nearly disappeared before the shower came back with a vengeance. "Acelin, we do not talk about our family to anyone. Those are strict rules."

"You don't need to teach me the rules, little brother, I know them very well." Acelin said, using his big brother tone that I hated. "She asked to bring her with you because she wants to meet her. You know what that means, right?"

I cursed under my breath. "This wasn't the plan Ace! I haven't even hired her to become my secretary yet, don't throw this at me!"

"She was never truly meant to be your secretary." He said. "She's been working with us for more than three years now, we can trust her."

"No we can't. I don't trust anyone Acelin; I think you already know that." When I looked at my reflection in the glass wall, my eyes were red.

I heard him sigh. "I know Acelin and I wish it hadn't come to that. But it's been nearly two centuries, you need to let that go now."

"Some scars aren't meant to be forgotten." I hung up on that. Turning, I went over to the security panel and put in the password. When the door opened, Sanaya was standing on the other side, coffee cup in hand and my cabin was back to its tip-top condition. "Any messages?" I asked.

She shook her head as if snapping out of a trance and handed me the coffee cup. "Nothing urgent, some supply deficiencies that I've already ordered and some files that need to be signed. You have one invitation to a cocktail party at Reefwood Ontario. And there was an urgent call from-"

"Acelin. Yes, I've heard." I said cutting her off. "It's almost 10.30, if we are to reach my mother's house by 12; we need to leave right now."

"We?" She said wide-eyed.

"Yes. My sister said to bring you with me and I don't want to disappoint her. Let's go." I tucked my cell phone into my pocket and drank the coffee as fast as I could while Sanaya stood stunned.

I placed the empty cup on my desk and called reception to inform Martin to bring the car. Sanaya was still standing transfixed when I turned back to her with a file from my drawer. "Sign this." I told her.

"Wh-What is it?" She asked, coming forward and picking up the file.

"Your contract." I told her. "Welcome to Reefwood Ms Johnson, from now on you are officially my Secretary for the next three years. But don't get too excited yet, your contract can still be terminated if you do not follow all the rules or if you sell information or details to anyone outside the company. Read it carefully in your spare time," I motioned towards the folder in her hand. "It has a copy of the original contract which will stay with you. Make sure to sign both."

She did as I said with quicksilver grace and handed me the file after taking out the spare copy reserved for her. "Thank you, Mr. Eustis. I assure you, you won't regret your decision."

"We'll see."

##############################################

Hope you like this chapter! Please like and vote and comment and follow! And Enjoy!

Lovage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!