Chapter 1 Nico

The numbers on my wrist have kept me up for days now. Just over 3 days until I meet my soul mate. Even after 18 years of waiting, I have never been this nervous in my life.

According to the numbers on my wrist I will meet them on my first day of university. Anything else about them is unknown. It could be anybody. Male or female. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a guy because I have never been attracted to a girl. Ever. But there was this one guy... I'm not going into that, he met his soulmate in 7th grade.

I always wear bracelets to keep others, and partly myself, from seeing the numbers printed on my skin. I have tried for years to not pay any attention to them, but the other day the 5 in the days column caught my eye, and I can't nt stop staring at it.

I know I need sleep before it is time for me to go to university, but it's almost impossible with the seconds ticking away until the frightful moment. I decide to get dressed and go down stairs for something to eat. I put on a black t shirt and black jeans littered with holes. As I walk out of my bedroom I run my hand through my mess of Raven hair.

When I get down the stairs my mother, my father, and my sister are sitting at the table eating toast and drinking tea. "Good morning Nico," my sister called. "Morning Bianca," I replied sleepy. My mom was reading a book while my father had a newspaper in his hand. My sister was on her phone, probably messaging Thalia, they met about three years ago, when their numbers hit 0. They are nearly inseparable. My parents had no problem with Bianca's soulmate being another girl, they know that nobody has control over who they find when they're clock reaches 0.

I grabbed a poptart and water bottle before going back upstairs followed by my giant dog, Mrs. O'leary.

Okay I'm ending this chapter here I will try to update every Sunday and Monday. This is my first fan fiction and I'm just hoping it doesn't turn out as bad as I think it is going to.