Chapter 21.

Penelope's POV.

I can't sleep. I rolled over and saw it was 2:45am. This pain hurts so much. I needed to clear my head. I got out of bed and grabbed some tracksuit bottoms and one of his jumpers, I slipped on some ugg slippers.

Mum I've gone to the beach, I know it's late but I'll be home before it's time for school

Penelope x

I left the note on the kitchen counter knowing it's the first place she will go for her morning dose of coffee. I walked the twenty minute walk to the beach. It was only a small beach but it would get crowded easily on warm days. I sat down and on the sand and shivered from the cold.

I watched as the waves came in and then go back out.

Why did he have to leave me? He said he would. I miss how he would know when I was lying or something was wrong. How I told him everything from the past. His brown hair would sometimes fall into his eyes and would get annoyed at it. His ring that he always wore because it was his grandads. I miss everything about him.

I didn't think I would become this girl again. If he loved me he wouldn't of left. I felt the first raindrop fall from the sky.

I looked up and saw it was a full moon. It began to rain heavier but I just couldn't give a care in the world to move. Soon enough the sky became lighter and the sun was slowing rising over the horizon. The bright orange light shining on the sea.

I wish he was here to look at this. I remember that time he took me to his father's ball.

I need a new start. I nodded to myself realising this is what I needed. I looked at my watch and it read 6:25am. I stood up brushing the sat from my bum. I looked down at my clothes and I was drenched to the bone. I started to shiver and my teeth began to chatter.

I dragged my feet along the pavement hurrying to get home. I was just about to turn a corner when I saw a flash of brown hair run down the street. The face turned back around and looked directly at me. He looked familiar but I just ignored it.

I finally saw my house and unlocked it. I saw my mum at the kitchen counter drinking her coffee.

"H-hey m-mum" I managed to get out because I was so cold.

She looked up but gasped. "Hunny you're turning blue, get out of them clothes" She helped me undress and helped me to the bathroom. "Why did you go beach at such odd hours?" She questioned as she began running a warm bath for me.

"I-I couldn't s-sleep" I gave a sheepish smile to her. "A-and to clear m-my head"

"All cleared then?" I nodded really fast at her.

She helped me into the bath and help wash my hair. She massaged the shampoo into my head, I sighed this is perfect. She poured the water from the bucket and washed out the shampoo. She done the same with the conditioner and left me to wash my body. I slowly got out and wrapped a towel around my body and ran to my room.

I put on some black ripped jeans and a flower top. I shoved my feet into all black vans. I blow dried my hair and straightened it. I put mascara on and a bit of lipstick.

I looked in the mirror and smiled. A real smile.

I practically skipped downstairs and kissed my mum on the cheek.

"You look nice Penelope" She said taking in my outfit.

"Thanks" I done a twirl and smiled at her.

"You ready to go then?" I nodded and followed her to the car.

It was a silent drive to school but I blew her a kiss goodbye. I was walking down the hallway to my locker receiving a few wolf whistles.