(14) Stay Omega Stay

Start from the beginning

My heart stopped from his words. It felt like a knife was plunged into my chest and all he was doing was twisting it for fun. Tears pricked in my eyes, and my lips began to tremble. I was trying to help find out what happened to Savannah and he was wrongfully accusing me.

Killing the witch was a pure accident. I hadn't meant to do it, but it happened and if I could reverse it, I would. No one deserved to die of anything, and having that happen to her, was awful. She was young, and didn't deserve to have suffer that fate.

"Malcolm, instead of wasting your energy shouting at my daughter, you can help us find her." My mother suggested. "She couldn't have gone far."

"This wouldn't be the first time she's gone missing." Lucian interrupted looking down at me and then towards Malcolm. "She disappears every once in a while."

"But I know somethings wrong." I interjected, shooting daggers into the side of his head. "I can feel it."

"We'll look for her." My dad announced turning towards the pack members in the room. "Pack meeting in fifteen minutes, I expect all Fighters and Scouts to be there."

"Yes Alpha." Chorused the many women in the room, and they all scurried to find the nearest exit.

I turned on my heel and excited the kitchen before approaching the front door and turning the knob. Stepping out into the cold morning air, I walked down the few steps of the porch and began my journey across the ankle deep snow. Everyone seemed to understand I wanted to be alone, and it was true.

How did I know Savannah was gone? Being the next Moon Goddess couldn't have this kind of effect on me yet, at least not that I know of. This hasn't happened in a thousand years and was never recorded. But I can't help but wondering what this will mean for me. If I can sense that somethings wrong with Savannah, what else can I do?

I looked down at my hands as I dodged an oncoming tree and sighed. I can see the dead, which clearly isn't normal for anyone, and I've entered people's memories. Crossing my arms over my chest, I journeyed further into the woods.

Suddenly, I came across a clearing, and immediately knew it was a frozen over lake. Looking behind me, I cautiously stepped onto it, feeling the ice complain from the new weight. As I walked across the lake, I couldn't help but think about my times in my prison.

It's hard believing me that after nearly eighteen years of being trapped in there, I would be here. I'm with the family I've always wanted, with a man I'm slowly falling in love with. I've made friends with the most amazing people, and I've experienced so many new things. Lilura may have shown me and taught me everything I know, but experiencing is a lot better than watching it.

When I reached the center of the lake, I stopped walking and frozen. I turned my head up and looked up at the cloudy sky and sighed. Life's changed so much, and I couldn't ask for it differently. I've managed to live a life I've wanted, at least one that I know is manageable.

I felt a shiver run up my spine, and I turned to my side to see Logan appear. His hands were in his jean pockets, his blonde hair sticking to his forehead as if he had taken a shower. However not physically being on the world, it seems impossible. His golden eyes locked with mine, and he let out a sigh before running a hand through his face.

"I know where Savannah is." He informed, and my eyes widened in shock. "But there's something you need to know first."

"What is it?" I questioned, my eyebrows scrunching together in confusion.