Luke turns himself in and is brought before the Emperor.

"Catherine where are you going?" Luke asks as he sees her trying to sneak off.

"What are you my babysitter now? I just wanted to do some exploring." Catherine replied.

"That's not the truth and we both know it. You were leaving so you could seek out Vader." Luke replied.

"So, what's it too you if I do seek him out? Why do you care?" Catherine questioned her irritation in her voice showing.

"I can't allow you to do this, I don't want to see you hurt. Both Yoda and Ben warned me that if you seek Vader out it will destroy you." Luke replied.

"Why are you so concerned for me all of a sudden? Is it because you want to be protective of me? Well, I'm a big girl I can handle this on my own. I don't need you coddling me." Catherine replied frustrated.

"Catherine, Search your feelings you know why I care about you."

"Sure, it's because Your my big brother and you now have a sudden urge to protect me." Catherine replied bitterly.

"Look, Catherine, neither the Emperor or Vader know of your existence and I intend on keeping it that way." Luke replied.

"Vader is well aware of my existence." Catherine replied with a frown remembering his rejection of her a few years back.

"That maybe true however, he doesn't know that you are my sister. Catherine, he must never know." Luke replied.

"Just how do you plan on keeping the Emperor from discovering us? You can't protect us forever you know." Catherine replied.

"I won't have too. I have a plan that'll keep you safe. It'll keep the both of you safe." Luke replied.

"Oh, what, are you going to turn yourself over to the Emperor?" Catherine asked sarcastically.

"That's exactly what I plan to do." Luke replied.

"Now who's being reckless? There's no way I'm going to let you surrender to the Emperor alone. He'll kill you when he realizes that your a Jedi. You can't do this alone, you need my help." Catherine replied stubbornly.

"I am doing this to protect you. If you were to accompany me my feelings for you would betray your existence. Your too vulnerable too the dark side, I won't loose you to it like Obi-wan lost Vader. I have to face Vader and I have to face him alone." Luke replied.

"Luke, I'm well aware of Obi Wan's desire for you to destroy Vader. He's our father I won't let you kill him."

"Catherine, I must face Vader." Luke replied.

"I'm telling you, I won't let you kill him." Catherine replied.

"Catherine, I can save him, I know I can. I know there is still good I him, I have sensed it." Luke replied. "I need to stay here, if I don't survive this you will be the last of the Jedi. You must carry on Yoda's legacy." With that Luke turned and walked down the plank way practically bumping into Leia who had come in search of them.

"There you guys are, your missing all the festivities." Leia said as she approached Luke and Catherine. "Catherine, Luke, what's wrong? Why do you look so upset?" Leia asked.

"I have to go Leia, and I might not return. Catherine will explain everything after I've gone. I never should have come on this mission. As long as I stay here I am endangering all that we are fighting for." With that Luke turned and ran down the plank and into the Forrest.