Prologue

The sun was beaming brightly on the paved roads in Arendelle. Kids were running around ,playing. July in Arendelle was still colder than most of its neighbouring kingdoms but it was a warm month for the people in Arendelle. The birds chirped happily as people were decorating the streets. It was the third year wedding anniversary of their beloved Queen Elsa and her husband, the Chief of Berk , Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. The kingdom had one of their weirdest monarchies known to man at the time. The queen could control the ice and snow and the king rode on dragons.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Come on Elsa ! Hiccup will be here anytime now ! Get dressed already !" Anna exclaimed cheerfully at her sister as she tied up her hair into a neat little bun. Hiccup had gone to berk for a month for some chieftain gathering , and although he lived in Arendelle now since the kingdoms had a common king and queen, elsa still missed her husband, even though he was only gone for a month.Elsa merely chuckled at her as she said " You do know that I can just get ready with a snap of my fingers right , Anna?" . Anna grinned widely as she said "Oh.no.no.no.no. It's your anniversary. No cheat dresses today for you. Kristoff and I bought an elegant looking dress for you and you have to wear it.No returns. No exchanges." . " Oh Anna...." Elsa whispered as she hugged her hyperactive sister. "Where's kristoff? " Elsa asked curiously. The blonde ice harvester had not been seen since breakfast that morning. " Oh...I pushed him off for bath this morning. As much as I love him...We can't have him scruffy for today." .Elsa giggled at her sister. "...So...what do you think of Berk? " Elsa asked her sister. Hiccup had taken anna to his kingdom for the first time two weeks ago. Anna beamed as she began "Oh! Where do I start? The place is beautiful , Elsa. Have you seen the sunset there? It's so amazing! Oh and the people there, Wow. I've never seen such big people before. To put it nicely ,hiccup looks to be one of the more normal sized vikings there. It gets really cold there at night..I mean..you could freeze you nose off, if you're not careful. And funnily enough, they call Christmas 'Snoggletalk ' ..I thought it was funny ...anyway... They were giving me strange looks as i tried to get them to sing along with me.... that was kind of a bummer... OH! and the types of dragons there Elsa! And why didn't you tell me you have a dragon there?" .Elsa giggled softly at her exuberant sister as she said "Anna, I don't have a dragon. ..Shadow is merely the dragon that I'm most comfortable riding there.". Anna gasped. "See! You even have a name for it!" . Elsa smiled at her sister mischievously as there was a knock on the door. "Who is it?" Elsa asked. "It's me...ma'am. " Kai addressed them ." I just wanted to let you know that a fleet of ships bearing the crest of Berk has been spotted by our guards. " ."Thank you,Kai. " Elsa called out as anna held out Elsa's dress. "No excuses . If you love him, you wear it." Anna persisted. Elsa sighed, as she took the dress and moved to the changing room.

A few mackerels were swimming peacefully under the water's surface as a wooden ship moved over them. Out of nowhere , there was a splash and the fishes had dissapeared. A black dragon gulped down the fishes greedily as it climbed on aboard again, smacking it's lips. "Toothless...can't you hold on for a bit longer , ya big lug? We're almost there. You can have all the fishes that you want over there. Toothless the dragon cooed at Hiccup and licked him as the people on board laughed heartily. " Toothless ,you know that doesn't wash out!" He yelled playfully at his dragon as he wiped his riding gear. "Now I'll have to change my attire again..." ."You better change fast then, son. " a female voice said. Hiccup turned and smiled at his mother as he opened his door to go in and change."The docks are almost near. " she added as she stroked his hair. Toothless jumped off onto another ship behind them. "Ah get out of the way toothless!" Yelled snotlout as the dragon tripped him flat onto the floor with his tail. The twins, ruffnut and tuffnut snickered and chortled as snotlout rubbed the back of his head, groaning. Merida snorted at them as she sat on the roof of a cabin, sharpening her arrows.Hiccup grinned to himself as he changed his attire. He picked up the brown suit that his father had presented to him for his visit to Elsa's coronation all those years ago.. He sighed as he picked it up. It had been three years since he lost his father on the dragon nest to Drago Bludvist, who hadn't been seen since. "HARD TO PORT!" he heard the captain bellow and felt the ship stop moving. He took a deep breath and walked out onto the deck and off onto the paved stoneways of Arendelle. He waved at the people who had come to see the dragons. Hiccup chuckled to himself. The expression of amazement on the faces of the people in Arendelle never gets old. He saw kai smiling at him as he moved up the step with his gang tailing him. Then he felt someone hug him hard, as he was almost knocked off balance.