Chapter 1 .:Finding Her:.

*edit 1: I fix a few things (not all just a few) and I will probably edit this whole book later after I post the next chapter of the sequel*

*Edit 2: I redid some things but it's all, mostly, the same. Please Enjoy~!

Konan

We made our way through the dark, shrubbery that covered the forest floor. As I jumped branched to branch, I looked up to my companion, my leader, and my secret lover (;) ), Pein. His face was as emotionless as always and handsome as ever.  I smiled and silently giggled at the thought. I looked back ahead of me once again, with a smile on my face, but I was shocked at what I heard echoing through through the forest. Something or someone was weeping and the sound was bouncing off the trees.

"Pein did you hear that?" I asked, looking too see if I could find the source of the wailing and what direction it could be coming from. 

"yes, I do" he said in his monotone and without looking back. I look too him as I asked, "What do you think it is?", out of curiosity.

"Hm... Sounds like a child. Maybe an animal" he said with no interest. 

"is it alright if we go check out?" I asked stopping on a nearby branch, so does he on a different branch in front of me.

"No Konan we must get back to the base" he turned to me and looked me in the eyes as he said this. I slightly pouted as stared right back. "Oh come on Pein," he said nothing, "humor me?" 

He sighed and massaged his temple "Fine but we must make it quick" I gave him a smile as we but turned and went to see what was in distress.

------

Upon reaching our destination, we found a little girl probably at the age of 4 with deep red above the shoulder hair, torn grey clothing, and has midnight blue eyes that shone with bright sorrowful tears. She was sitting on a big rock surrounded by dark and dead tree limbs. She looked so fragile, like a little angel shining in the darkness.

'What is a little girl like that in this place.' I thought while I slowly walked towards her, like she was a wounded animal that you don't want to frighten it, with Pein following.

"Hello? Little girl are you alright?" the girl's head shot towards us, probably getting whiplash, her eyes wide like plates. 

"What are you doing out here?" she just stared at me and she started shaking violently. More tears started to pour out from her doe like eyes.

"Hey it's okay. We won't hurt you." I said slowly coming closer and I sit next to her as I put a comforting arm around her shoulder.

"I'm scared." she whispered while moving more into my arms when an owl gave out a hoot.

"Where is your home, sweetie?" I hugged her tighter when she started to shake even more.

"I-I don't have a home... anymore.."

"Why are you here?" I started to rub her arm, trying to warm her ice could skin. 'she's going to get sick'

"The bad mad left me here," She hiccuped and quietly sobbed, "H-He said I was going to die here!"
I looked down sadly at the little girl curled up in my arms. 'Poor girl, I can only imangine what she has gone through'  I then had a idea..... 'I always wanted a daughter.' I smiled gently at her as I stood up and held onto her little hand.

"Why don't you come home with us?"

The girl stared up at me shocked, you can see in her eyes that she was happy and relived to not have to stay in this spooky forest anymore. Her quivering lip slowly started to turn into a smile. Just as she was about to nod her head in agreement, Pein spoke up. 'I forgot he was there!'

"Konan." I looked at him from over my shoulder, as did the little girl, and saw the warning glare he shot our way. I gave him a pleading lookas I helld the little redhead close to me, her face burying in my cloak. "Please Pein"

He shook his head "Konan you know we can't" 

"But Pein... We have to!" I glared at him trying to urge him to give in. After an intense stare off, he sighed and turned away from the two of us.

"Fine."

--------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading~! 

I hoped you enjoy~!

Don't forget too...

COMMENT, VOTE, AND FAN~

BYE KITTENS~! =^-^=