“Miley we promised to wait till the end of senior year, you have nothing to worry about.” He assured me.

“I know. I’ve just never slept in the same bed as you before, that’s all.”

“Come here.” He said as he lifted the blankets for me to get in the bed. I crawled in and snuggled up against him. He wrapped his arms around me and set his chin on the top of my head. “You have nothing to worry about.” And with that, I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up from something crashing downstairs, but I didn’t feel like moving; I was way too comfortable. Then something moved my head, which caused me to shoot my head up to see what it was. Once I realized it was Ethan’s chest that moved my head I relaxed and put my head back down. He looked so handsome when he was sleeping, and I probably looked like a cow. How come no matter what he does he always looks adorable doing it!? It’s not fair.

Then I came back to reality. What crashed downstairs? I slowly got out of bed, trying not to wake him, and made my way out of the room. I walked over to the stairs, but stopped when I heard footsteps down there and it sounded like they were stepping on glass.

Slowly going down the stairs, I made sure that whoever was down there couldn’t hear me coming. I hit the last step and of course, it squeaked loudly.

I held my breath as the clattering stopped. Was I going to die? Holy crap! I never even got to say goodbye to my mom.

“Who’s there?” A husky voice asked. Crap, I was discovered.

“Maybe something just fell, John. Forget it,” someone else said.

“No, Jon, there’s someone there. Stuff that’s falling doesn’t sound like that,” John number one said.

“Whatever. Let’s just go upstairs.” Shoot, upstairs? I need to run.

I silently crept up the stairs.

“Well well, what do we got here?” Jon number two asked.

“That’s her,” John number one. I noticed he had a slight accent like Casey.

I let out a blood-curling scream as one of them wrapped their hands around my shoulders.

The basement door flew opened.

“Miley?” I saw the outline of Ethan’s body in the doorway.

“I thought you were alone?” John hissed.

“Nope. I’m here with my boyfriend and his friends,” I said.

“Shit,” he swore.

“What are you doing in the basement, Miles?” Ethan asked.