Chapter 20

Hey you guys!

Things are heating up, right? Tell me what you think: team harry or team niall?

Keep reading!

xoxo

weloveourcheekyboys.tumblr.com

**************************************************************************************

I bolted down the stairs, through the kitchen, and out onto the sand.

"Oh my gosh," I whispered, my head spinning as I crashed onto my knees by the shore.

"I almost kissed my best friend."

How had I let that happen? I came so close to actually leaning in!! Why did he have to be so cute and sweet and funny?! It wasn't fair.

"Alright," I told myself, "calm down, Darby. You know you like him. A little bit. You didn't actually kiss him. Nothing has gone wrong yet."

"What are you muttering about?"

I turned to see Zayn sitting down beside me.

"Um...nothing." I covered, biting down on my thumbnail.

"That's a lie. Tell me everything and I promise not to laugh or tell Niall and Harry."

"And why would I be concerned about Niall and Harry knowing."

"Because you are madly infatuated with both Niall and Harry."

"Wha-how did-butbutbut-"

"Oh, come on," he said, rolling his eyes. "Everyone knows that Harry doesn't take midnight strolls on the beach with just anyone and you know you’ve liked Niall since-“

“Alright. I get it.”

Zayn but a comforting arm around my shoulders.

“What happened? It doesn’t have anything to do with Connor, does it?”

“No,” I said. “I just….I don’t know if I like Harry or Niall. If I even like them like that…I just don’t know. I don’t understand.”

I buried my face in my hands.

“What do I do?”

“Well,” he said, “you follow your heart. And you ignore everyone else. And you do what you feel is right.”

“What if my heart has no idea what it’s doing?”

“You’ll know it, Darby,” he said, hugging me.

I smiled. “Thanks, Zayn.”