Chapter 9

"I'm so hungryyyyy....." Niall moaned into my shoulder.

I was sandwiched between him and Harry in the last row of the van. Liam, Danielle, and Zayn sat in the middle row with Eleanor and Louis up front. Unfortunately, the Swagmastah was driving.

"What's a Cracker Barrel?" Louis asked.

"There's an O'Charleys!" Harry said. "They have really good potato soup."

"POTATOES!" Niall and I cheered in our Irish accents.

"Oyster Bar and Boardwalk," Zayn read on a sign.

"That's a yes!" Louis yelled, making a very sharp left turn into the parking lot.

We all cheered and piled out of the van.

After stuffing ourselves in the restaurant, we headed out to the shops on the boardwalk. Liam and Louis were dragged by their girlfriends into a little boutique, Zayn and Niall found an arcade, and Harry took me to a small ice cream parlor.

We ate our cones as we stared out over the water.

"So I saw you talking to that guy again," Harry said.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Oh, come on, Darby. The beach boy who tackled you this morning-I saw you give him your number."

"So what if I did?" I said, walking further down the pier.

"Oooh, look at this little vixen!" he teased.

"I am not a vixen," I said. "If I want to meet an overly-attractive friend while I'm on vacation then I will."

"But you already have five overly-attractive friends who happen to be world-famous pop sensations. And you're turning up your nose at us for some Yank?"

"Jealous, Styles?" I countered.

"Maybe," he shrugged.

"Look, Connor is a nice guy. I haven't said I'll date him or anything, okay?"

"Connor? That's his name?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Lives down the beach?"

"Yes."

"Well every summer he has all kinds of girls asking for him everywhere."

"So?" I said. "He's hot."

"They aren't nice girls, Darby."

"Calm down, Harry."

"Fine, just....be careful. And also..."

"What?"

"Don't tell Niall."