Chapter 19

HI guys! I know I've been horrible about not updating. So so sorry that this chapter is going to be so short. But school's almost out so I should be wrapping up this little shindig pretty soon.

I would love to hear more from you!

weloveourcheekyboys.tumblr.com

Keep Reading! xoxo

************************************************************************************************

*NIALL'S POV*

About twenty minutes after we had gotten rid of Connor, I took up a slice of pizza and a soda to Darby.

She was laying on the top bunk, the blanket kicked off her body and her breathing slow and steady.

She was beautiful. She was perfect. And she was mine.

Well....more or less. At least now I didn't have that beach boy in competition with me.

"Maybe now I'll be able to finally tell you how I feel..." I said as I neared the bed.

I climbed up onto the top bunk and set her food beside me. I held one of her small hands in mine. I smiled and sighed.

"Darby..." I said softly, nudging her shoulder.

"Hm?" she breathed.

"I have food."

"THANK GOD I'M STARVING."

She dove for the plate and had the pizza eaten in only a minute.

I just laughed.

"I guess you feel better now?"

She smiled and nodded.  "I don't have time for liars and people who don't care about me."

I patted her hair and brushed it behind her ear. "I promise, there will be other guys who care more about you than that doofus."

I let my hand linger against her face.

The corner of her small mouth twitched for a moment, and then her eyes got wider.

"I need some fresh air."

She jumped over the rail of the bed and went out the door without another word. And I was left to wonder what the heck had just happened.