Chapter 15

Love you guys! Keep reading!

weloveourcheekyboys.tumblr.com

**********************************************************************************

I finally stepped onto the back porch at 11:06.

I was on cloud nine. No joke. I had this stupid grin on my face and when I walked, I felt like I was floating.

Whenever I closed the back door behind me, I leaned against it lazily.

I stood there for a moment, just taking in everything that had happened that night.

My phone vibrated from my pocket.

Connor: Miss you already <3

I typed a quick reply, blushing like an idiot.

"Alright, how many times did he kiss you?"

The voice startled me so badly, I dropped my phone.

Harry Styles sat at the kitchen island with a mug of tea.

"Three," I replied with a giggle.

"Darby Adelaide Gilbert, I have never heard that giddy of a noise come out of your mouth."

I sighed and sat beside him. "It was.....it was..."

"Everything you wanted it to be?"

"Oh, but so much more than that!"

"Perfection?"

"Utter perfection," I agreed. "Harry......I've never felt this way before....about anyone."

He laughed and poked my side. "That's called 'first love,' Darby."

First love, huh?

That had a nice ring to it.

A long silence settled over us.

"Was Niall mad?" I asked.

Harry didn't say anything.

"I heard him yell," I added.

"Well..." Harry began, "He was kind of mad at me urging you to kiss the guy. He ranted a little about the fact that you barley knew the guy. He lectured me a bit about telling you not to tell him."

"Is he still mad?" I asked timidly.

"Nah," Harry replied. "Eleanor and Danielle calmed him down. They told him that if he really still-"

Harry eyed me.

"What?" I asked.

"Just.....that if he was that protective of you, he should have said something in the first place."

I shook my head. "No....if Niall's mad....I can't do this if he's mad."

I stood up, but Harry caught my arms and pulled me to his face. We were nose-to-nose, his eyes wide.

"Darby. Adelaide. Gilbert. This is the fist guy you have ever been with, and we are all happy for you-even him. Don't let any of his dumb behavior effect your relationship with Connor, okay?"

Harry hugged me.

I pondered it. It didn't feel right. I wanted to be with Connor, but I still wanted Niall to be happy with me......but I guess I should trust Harry.

"Okay," I replied.