Chapter 2

Harry, Zayn, and Louis went out for snacks and chose a movie. Liam and Niall stayed with me to pack up my stuff.

My room was completely bare except for the empty furniture and a few little things that I just sent with Dad to India.

Once everything was packed, I picked my old stuffed frog off the dresser and walked down to Liam's car with the others.

Dad kissed my cheek. "I leave on Monday," he said. "Call me, okay?"

"Promise, Dad." I said, kissing him back.

"I love you, sweetheart," he said, wrapping me into a hug.

"I love you too, Daddy."

And then, I was free. I was an adult. The guys were my only family. And that's all I needed.

*******************************************************************************************************************

Niall tossed my frog onto the floor haphazardly.

"No!" I screeched, diving for it.

"Ohh, you're one of those losers who has a special stuffed animal, right?" he asked.

"She's not a loser, Ni," Liam said in my defense.

I set the frog gently on my dresser.

"He is very special to me, okay?" I said. "You can't just throw him on the floor!"

Niall rolled his eyes. "Hey, now that you're all moved in, will you go make me a sandwich?"

I punched him in the arm. "I'm here for half and hour and he's already treating me like his housekeeper, Liam!"

"Its Niall, what do you expect?" Liam replied from the floor.

"Turkey and Cheese, please," Niall said with a toothy grin, batting his eyelashes around his big blue eyes.

I ruffled his blonde hair.

"Fine."

He and Liam followed me into the kitchen and stood there watching me make them sandwiches. How like men.

"I'm going to stop if you're just going to stare at me," I said, placing a piece of cheese on Niall's sandwich.

"I'm sorry....' Niall said. "You're just so good at it that its interesting to watch."

Liam smirked. "In other words, 'cool story, babe. now finish my sandwich.'"

Niall shrugged. "I like to eat."

I handed them their plates and grabbed an apple out of the fruit basket on the counter. Liam, Niall, and I ate in the living room until we heard six feet thundering upstairs.

"NIALLLLLLL!!!" called a voice pounding on the door. Harry.

"MY LOVELY LITTLE IRISH BUG!" Louis yelled.

Zayn kicked the door. "HELP! LOUIS IS STEPPING ON MY FOOT!!"

Liam got the door. The boys brought in mountains of candy and a movie.

"What kind of movie are we watching?" I asked as I settled on the couch between Harry and Niall.

"Horror," Zayn replied as he put the disk in the TV and then sat on the floor with Liam.

"Oh, man," I said. "Someone hand me a pillow for screaming into."

I do not like horror movies.

Harry snaked an arm around me.

"Don't worry, Darbs," he said. "I'll hold you."

I shoved him away playfully. "Save it for BooBear."

At this, Louis leapt onto Harrys lap.

I leaned over on Niall as he put his arm around me. He fed me some gummy worms he had snatched from one of the bags on the coffee table.

"Hazza," Louis said.

"Yes, Boo?" Harry replied.

"Why don't you feed me gummy worms like Niall does for Darby?"

"......I don't know..." Harry answered.

Louis scoffed and moved to the floor.

"BooBear...."

"SAVE IT!" Louis said, feigning anger.

I laughed and leaned into Niall's chest as the movie started. He pulled a blanket up over us, and five minutes into the movie, I was sound asleep in my best friend's arms.

***********************************************************************************************************

Okay, so this is all I could get done today. Thanks for reading!