Chapter 16

Hi guys! So I just wanted to give a shout out to one of my new favorite Wattpad authors! Go check her out! Her user is called MyHeartsMistake and she has written a fantastic story called Take Me As I Am. Its the best 1D fic I have ever read!

So here's chapter 16! Hope you enjoy!

tumblians: weloveourcheekyboys.tumblr.com

Keep reading!!

xoxoxo

********************************************************************

Connor knocked down the last three pins in the lane.

"SPARE!" shouted the automated voice from the score screen  above the ball return.

I picked up my own bowling ball as he walked past me to the chairs.

"I just.....I just don't know what's gotten into him. Its like he's a completely different person. Ugh! It just makes me want to-" I rolled the ball down the middle of the lane with incredible force- "makes me want to punch him  in his perfect little pop star face!"

I knocked down each ball....except for the ones in the 7th and 10th space.

I huffed and crossed my arms.

Conner slid his hands around my waist. "I'm sorry...but look on the Brightside," he said, "you have just rolled a 7-10 split. That means that for the first time in the two weeks we've been going out, I will beat you."

"Shut up," I laughed.

"Face your demise, Darby Gilbert," he said as he sat back down in his chair.

I picked up my ball and smirked at him.

Just like my father had taught me as a child, I shot the ball at the seven, hitting it so that it shot sideways into the ten.

As the automated voice declared me the winner, I crossed my arms and turned to my boyfriend, who sat wide-eyed in his chair.

"You were saying?" I asked.

"I have no words," he said. "Just please don't tell my friends."

I smiled and kissed him.

"No worries, babe."

"Also," he said, "I'm sure that Niall's just trying to be the brotherly figure you've told me about so much. I totally get it. I won't lie to you. I have been with a lot of girls, Darby. I'm sure Harry knows that. And he's probably told Niall that."

"I know," I said. "But I trust you! Why can't he?"

Connor pulled me onto his lap.

"Niall doesn't know me. I totally understand why he doesn't trust me. Just give him time. He'll get over it. I promise."

Connor gently kissed my forehead.

"Fine," I sighed.

***   ****    ***

When I returned home, everyone was eating pizza in the living room.

"Hey!" I greeted them.

"What have you and Prince Charming been up to today?" Harry asked from the couch where he sat with Niall and Zayn.