Chapter 1

Hey guys! This is a new version of chapter 1! Thank you LucasMcDrake for editing my story! You are awsome:) He was the one that edited it! Thank you!!!!!

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Take your sisters and brother with you, Allen," my mother ordered my brother. "You might survive if you leave now." 

"Mom, what about you?" Allen asked, tears in his eyes. There were tears in all of our eyes. Everything was happening so fast!

"We'll hold off the Midnight Pack while you guys run for it. They'll be distracted long enough that by the time they're. . . done with us, the trail will run cold." Mom usually wasn't this blunt with us, but there was no time to be soft.

 The Icemark Pack (us) was being attacked by the Midnight Pack as we spoke. From where we were, away from the fighting, we could still hear the growling and violence. Dad was still in the middle of the fighting, being the Alpha of the pack. Mom had just enough time to sneak away with us, and send us on our way to safety before rejoining the fighting.

 "But mom--" Allen began.

"No buts, Allen," she cut him off. She gave each of us a backpack. I looked inside mine real quickly, and saw it had clothes and a water bottle with some crackers. I assumed everyone's backpacks had basically the same contents. 

"I want you to take your sisters and your brother with you. Run as far as you can and don't come back,"she warned. Allen nodded, but looked like he wanted to argue. 

Allen took David and Vanessa by the hand. They were both sniffling. David was eleven years old and Vanessa was ten. I, being thirteen, wasn't so prone to tears. Water was still streaming down my face, but I felt so numb, right then. What was going to happen to us? Would we ever see mom or dad again?

"Come on Selene," Allen called out to me. I trailed behind him as we proceeded to the car. Allen got in the car and and drove away, leaving my parents and the pack behind. I looked out the back window, and prayed that my parents would be okay. 

~~~~5 Years later~~~~~

"Selene, hurry up!" yelled my sister, Vanessa. She was knocking repeatedly on the bathroom door. "You've been in there for almost two hours," she continued whining.

"Exaggeration, little sister, exaggerations," I teased.

Vanessa huffed from the other side of the door and I could just imgine her rolling her eyes. "Come on, Selene. This is my first day of high school, I want to look good."

I looked at my outfit. I was wearing simple jeans and purple tank top with a black leather jacket. I had on my favorite black ankle boots. My black hair was in waves almost passing my waist. I wasn't too fond of short hair and liked to keep it as long as possible without it being a problem.

I opened the door and grinned at her. She took one good look at me and glared. "You were already ready," she accused.

"Maybe," I replied, still grinning.

"Then why didn't you open the door?" she asked, glaring. She knew the answer, and she still asks.

I shrugged. Sarcasm dripped from my voice as I stated, "I don't know, I guess I just wanted to annoy you, 'cause you ate my cookie last night." 

"All this because of a cookie?!"she shrieked.

"It wasn't just a cookie; it was a chocolate chip cookie."