The Dark Side of the Moon

A//N

EXTREME TRIGGER: Moony with le injuries and going through some tough sh|t, AKA self harm. ;n;

Aaannnnd.... FLUFF. What else do you expect from me? I'm a fluff writer. XD

A//N

The full moon rose into the night. Glimmering. Dark.

Agony. Tearing flesh. A blood curdling, - jarringly human - howl, bursting with pain. The piercing slash of claws. Red pain. Then white noise. A coppery ringing in his ears. And finally, blackness...

....

There came running footsteps and a raw scream of,

"Moony? No, no, no, no... Moony? MOONY! NO! NO!!"

Our newcomer crouched, cradling the bloodied, unconscious figure tenderly in his arms and gently, but urgently, picked him up. He was light, too light, his rescuer could feel his ribs jutting through his skin and the death-rattle of his fading breath. Holding the emaciated, brutalised boy close, the figure began to run, and run, and run, as if someone's life depended on it. Because someone's did.

....

There was a volley of frantic battering on the great, oaken door of the Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey sprang to her feet, and hurried to the door, knowing instantly who it was.

She swung the door open revealing a bloodied Sirius Black, and in his arms was Remus Lupin, the skin around his wrists cut to ribbons, the scars all over his body re-opened and weeping crimson blood. Poppy gasped in horror, it was far worse than usual tonight. She rushed them over to one of the berths, and Sirius laid Remus down. He looked small and bony lying there, his face paler than chalk, his eyesockets hollow and dark. He looked dead.

Madame Pomfrey bustled over, intense worry showing on her face, it was the worst case she'd ever seen. She set to work, her hands shaking as she administered countless potions and cast complicated spells. After fifteen minutes, Madam Pomfrey had saved his life, but she was drained of energy.

Regardless, she sat next to a shaking Sirius, lines crossing his smooth face.

"Mr Black... Sirius, honey?" She asked tentatively, she'd always been a mother figure for Sirius and knew how to talk to him, "What happened?"

That was when Sirius broke down.

"He- he.. H-he tried t-to take his own life. H-he did all that to himsel- I was TOO LATE!! I could've stopped him! The trans-f-formation brings out his suicidal thoughts... If I'd just been there..!"

His voice cracked as tears streamed unashamedly down his face, he put his head in his hands and sobbed. Poppy put a gentle arm around him, rubbing his shoulder and making soft shushing noises, letting him cry.

....

Remus awoke, twitching and gasping. His nerve endings felt like they were on fire. His breath heaved through his body, as he convulsed, retching. Sirius woke up with a start, hearing his cries, he threw his arms around the shaking boy's skinny shoulders. He held on tight until Remus' paroxysms faded his breathing calmed. With tears in his eyes, Sirius leant forwards and kissed the shaking boy slowly.

They pulled away, and Sirius whispered, his voice raw, "Never try to leave me again.. Please... I couldn't take it..."

Remus' amber eyes overflowed as her thrust forwards, wrapping his painfully thin arms around the dark haired boy's neck and buried his face in his chest. Remus began to weep, his dry, heart wrenching sobs were the sobs of a broken man, burdened with terrible things. Sirius enveloped Moony's small form in his arms, protecting him from the world. Protecting him from himself.

When they finally broke apart, Remus whispered softly, "Sorry, Pads. I'm so sorry. I couldn't control it."

At this, Sirius' heart broke.

"No! Don't be sorry! I should be sorry, I couldn't protect you!"

"But you did, Sirius... The thought of you was the only thing stopping me from tearing my own heart out."

He said this so matter-of-factly that Sirius gently grabbed his face and pulled him in for a soft, emotion-wrought kiss.

"I could never live without you Remus."

"Neither, Pads. Neither."

A//N

Sorry for breaking your hearts and microwaving the tiny pieces!

A//N