Why I Love You - An Unsent Letter

A//N

PURE FLUFF.

A//N

Why I love you, Remus John Lupin.

1. You know everything about me, and yet, you're still my friend.

2. You always know when I don't feel too great.

3. I love those baggy jumpers you always wear. Sometimes when you go home for Christmas, I wear one to remind me of you.

4. The way you smell. I know it sounds weird, but I love it. It's familiar, old books, chocolate and wolf. You.

5. You're so shy around others. It makes me feel like I can protect you.

6. Your 'Furry Little Problem'. Yes. Even that. You think you're a monster, but you're not. You're Moony. You're You and you can't change that.

7. You take care of me when I'm ill or hungover. You make me feel loved, you make me feel better.

8. You're so patient. Whenever I go off my head, you are always there to calm me down and bring me back to Earth. 

9. You never call me stupid because you know I don't like it. 

10. You have a surprisingly wicked sense of humour. It's caught me out a few times. You'd never guess how funny you are.

11. You're always there for me. Whenever I'm depressed, you help me through it. I love you for that so much.

12. You comfort me when I cry. Most people would just tell me to suck it up, but you know what I've been through and know how to deal with a blubbering teenager whose been chucked out of his own family, as horrible and crappy as my family is, it still hurts.

13. You make me feel good about my self.

14. I love your scars. Even though you hate them and think they're ugly, I think they're beautiful and wonderful. Just like you.

15. Your eyes. I could get lost in them.

I could go on. I love you Remus John Lupin. I even love those horrendous sweaters.

...

Sirius set down his quill and went to crumple up the parchment and throw it is the fire but a noise from behind stopped him.

"Y-you really think all that about me?"

Sirius swallowed and turned around to look into the warm amber eyes of Remus John Lupin.

"Yes... You don't think it's weird? I bet you do. I bet you bloody hate me now. I just had to open my bloody mouth... I've ruined our friendship now. Well done, Sirius. You drove away your best friend with your creepy feelings..." Sirius mumbled bitterly.

"What? No! Pads! It's ok. It's alright. I don't hate you! I could never hate you!"

Remus went to hug his friend, but his body did something completely different to what it initially was going to do. He kissed Sirius Black. In the middle of the common room. And to his surprise, Sirius made a startled noise and kissed back.

Remus and Sirius had finally both got what they'd always wanted.

They pulled apart, breathless.

"You like me too? Moony?"

"From day one Pads. Day one."