Chapter 12: The Catalyst and The Play

Two months later, Daisuke finished his portrait of the Phantom Thief. Daisuke was standing in front of his painting, admiring the work which he poured emotions on. It was his artwork completed with his heart. Daisuke was dressed in his school uniform with his backpack behind him. He places one of his hands on his chin, rubbing it, and the other one on his side, with the feather souvenir in it. His eyes are scanning the portrait for any flaws, but there are none. He placed the feather down on a table.

A call was heard from the first floor of the house. It was Emiko, reminding his son that he will be late if he won't go yet.

"Dai, you're gonna be late again."

"WHAT?" Daisuke shot his head to the direction of the stairs, then to the clock.

It's around ten minutes to 9 and the cable has already left. Daisuke bolted off, hoping that he wouldn't be late for that day. It was the day their class will be performing the play "Ice and Snow," and it will start at around 10:00 am after their general rehearsal at 9:15 am. Main characters can't afford to be late, especially when they are going dead to their director.

Daisuke jumped off his window because taking the stairs will make him slower. He left his window open, and headed straight to their school, running all the way. To his luck, he made it there on time. He was panting and breathing heavily when he opened the door. Saehara gave him a mischievous smile.

"You made it in time Daisuke, I mean Princess Freedert."

"How could he tease someone else when he is dressed as a village girl?" Daisuke thought himself, and faces Riku, "Good morning Ms. Riku!"

Riku approached him with a smile and a princess attire at hand. "You must have left your home late, huh? And the cable left you, right?" she concluded.

Daisuke gave her an exhausted, but cute nod.

"Here, take a break for few minutes, then wear this costume. Okay?"

"Okay."

Riku hugged him and left him to prepare for the backstage and props.

Daisuke's class did well during the general rehearsal, but Daisuke was troubled during the play itself. There were many problems in the backstage and props, and the repairmen are not around. Daisuke used his thief skills to fix the problems himself without being notice, and making it back on time for his scene. But all of those multitasking made him weary. Also, nearing the end of the play, his skirt got ripped. Satoshi did his best to cover up, but Daisuke panicked and they were noticed. Despite all those bloopers, the audience loved it so much, especially the girls.

All the students are credited, and their teacher gave them high grades for their outstanding performance. Meanwhile, Daisuke was left alone in the room, and Riku came to check on him. She gave him the wig he used during the play as a souvenir, which he gladly accept.

Daisuke was overjoyed having Riku around as his girlfriend. He pulled her close for a passionate kiss. As their lips met, Riku hung an arm around his neck, hoping that this moment would last longer. There's a sensation that only the two off they are there and no one will interrupt, but that was a mistake.

The two jerkily broke their kiss apart when they heard Saehara's call. He was already there inside the room, leaning his back on the wall with a mischievous grin plastered on his face. He spoke up, "An assembly is being held at the auditorium, and you two are missing. I've been looking all over for you-"

"How long have you been here?" Daisuke cut him.

"I just came here. I didn't want to interrupt you two, but the assembly is urgent."

Riku stood speechless while the two were exchange sentences. There was nothing on her mind to speak out.

"Anyways, that is only my purpose. If you want, continue what you are doing. I'll go ahead." Takeshi turned his back and walked away, only to be stopped by an arm on his shoulder. He turned around.

"Were going now," Daisuke spoke up while holding hands with Riku.

The three smiled and started venturing the corridor. They made it to the venue on time and found out that the assembly wasn't urgent at all. It was a huge feast held near the auditorium for the whole class as a price for their outstanding performance. Daisuke shot Takeshi a glare for interrupting his moment. Everyone enjoy the feast.

AT THE AZUMANO CITY AND THE NIWA HOUSEHOLD

It was past noon it is windy at the Azumano City. A gush of wind entered Daisuke's open window and blew the black feather towards the life-size painting. When the feather fell to the ground, the portrait started glowing blue.

Nimbus clouds covered the sky as the wind grew stronger. There was no rain, but sharp lightnings were striking everywhere and thunders were frightening. Everyone outside hid themselves to the nearest establishments, afraid to be blown away or struck to death.

Emiko peeked outside, and caught a glimpse of the sky. She mumbled, "Another phenomenon... Does it have anything to do with the Black Wings?"

(A/n: This is a DarkxRiku fanfic okay. Just wait for him to come back, he'll win over Daisuke. Although they seem impossible, I'll make them happen.)

n}d