Chapter 5: The Black Wings Part 5 (Prologue)

Recap:

"There is something I would like to ask you," said Daiki.

----------------------------------------------

AT THE HARADA HOUSEHOLD

Mr. Sabochi was trying to fix the tv signal while Risa was standing next to him. It seemed like the tv signals have been severely affected as well as the telephone lines. Mr. Sabochi spoke, "It still doesn't work, but it doesn't seem that our tv set is the problem."

Riku made her entrance with their telephone on her right hand. "Mr. Sabochi, is the phone broken?"

"I've heard that the phone signals are scrambled somehow..." replied Mr. Sabochi.

"...and the tv has gone crazy." Risa finished the sentence.

Riku looked down and sighed.

BACK TO AZUMANO CITY

Daiki just finished meeting with the reporter, Yuki Suzaki. He was promenading along the city when he noticed the water under the bridge sunk more. "It's already this low." The wind started blowing a little hard.

A little later, a scream from a little was heard as the wind blew her hat towards Daiki. The old man used his cane to reach the flying hat. The little girl ran towards Daiki's direction and the old man bent down to return the hat to its owner. "Here you go."

"Thank you sir," The little girl replied with a sweet voice.

A man came running after his daughter. "Sorry about that. Thank you very much sir." said the man. His wife caught up with him and his daughter.

Daiki stood up. "Hehehe. No problem." He brought his hand out to the little girl. "Are you going out?"

"Yeah! We're going to my grandma's house. It's really far away." the little girl gave her sweetest smile.

Daiki smiled back. "That sounds like far. I hope you'll have a good time."

"Thanks sir."

BACK TO THE NIWA HOUSEHOLD

Kosuke was lying sick on a bed with a cold towel in his head. Emiko sat next to him and Daisuke is standing in the room crying, with his bangs covering his eyes.

"It was the Rutile absorbing all the damages. Dad ...absorbed all of my injuries." Daisuke sobbed.

"He said, 'This is all I can do for my son.'" Emiko replied with a sad expression on her face. "Dai..."

"Thank you Dad."

"Don't you worry ... I'll be fine by tomorrow."

Daisuke sobbed again.

AT THE CENTRAL ART MUSEUM

The sound of wings was heard. Krad managed to take over Satoshi's body. He opened his eyes with an evil smirk on his face.

"Ha! He tried his best to resist, didn't he? If only he would have joined us." Krad started.

"He probably couldn't have helped this. He's such a useless brat." Kei replied. "It doesn't matter, I won't have to see him again."

"There's still one more thing you have to do." Krad's eyes rolled from left to right. "Let's start moving. Shall we?"

"Certainly. Let's keep going, my dear servant."

AT DETECTIVE SAEHARA'S OFFICE

Daiki went to Detective Saehara's office to have a little conversation about this so called "Low Tide-Earthquake" predicament.

"It is happening again?!" Detective Saehara exclaimed as he slammed his hand on the table.

Daiki carefully settled his mug of hot coffee down in the table and spoke his line, "I'm not positive, but it is possible. And if it happens, it could be worse than the last time. It would be a horrible tragedy at every direction." (a/n: I'm sorry I didn't hear the last few words correctly so I finished his line with my own words.)

"Grrrr..." Detective Saehara sounded more irritated than worried. "No! We can't do it. We have many elderly, sick, and children. We can't issue an evacuation order without any proof."

Detective Saehara's phone rang. "Excuse me." The detective turned his back to Daiki and spoke with the person at the other side of the phone line. "Hello?"

"Hey dad, I finally got through." Takeshi Saehara spoke with both relief and distress.

"I'll talk to you later, I have a work."

"There's no time for that now Dad! There's something wrong with the ocean."

Detective Saehara's eyes widened as the old man's statement was proven by his own son.

"The water level is horribly low. Is there any news about a tidal wave or anything? The wind was strong, but the windmill has stopped, and water in the park pond has dried out. What the heck is going on?! What's happening to the town?! Hey Dad? Dad?!-" The line has accidentally cut off.

Detective Saehara called back, "Takeshi? Takeshi?!" But no one responded.

Detective Saehara turned back to Daiki, sweating hard and trying to laugh. "Ehehe. Sorry about the disturbance."

"What was that, Detective?"

"Everything is okay. Now, let's get back to our conversation." Said Detective Saehara with a serious expression in his face.

The door opened, but no one noticed it.

"Issue it!" the Chief Commissioner commanded as he made his entrance in his wheelchair.

"Commissioner?! You came here by yourself?" Detective Saehara raised his voice in surprise.

"Issue the evacuation order now! I'll tell the safety commission about it. I'll take full responsibility for this act."

The Commissioner and Daiki starred at one another. The Commissioner smiled as Daiki nodded as a respect to him.

"I'm happy to see that you're doing well." Said the Commissioner. "It's going to happen again, isn't it? I don't wanna be burdened by regret through the remainder of my life."

"Evacuate the city as soon as possible!" Daiki closed his eyes.

bftddtrstrs