Chapter 10: Eternal Dark Part 4 (Prologue)

Recap:

Kei sensed his partner approaching his place in an uneasy way. He shouted, "They're here!" He turned to Mio with the axe levelled on his shoulder. "One more step, and you will-"

He was cut off by the crushing of the nearby wall and he was sent flying with the axe on his arm.

---------------------------------------------------------

The crushing of the wall was caused by the angels breaking through it. Kei had an adverse landing as fell on top of the axe that was pointed towards him. Mio magically left when she saw Kei half lifeless on the ground.

Mio returned to the Haradas and thanked them. She also complimented the cuteness of Daisuke and Riku together as a couple. The twins cried as they saw Mio slowly wither on the air.

As the glowing ball of light hit the Black Wings, the ball opened up and its glow disappeared, revealing both angels unharmed. Dark pinned Krad into the Black Wings. Though Krad saw Kei, enduring such pain, he called him a failure for ruining the axe that he searched for. Dark then used his feathers to pin him so that he can proceed doing the ritual.

Despite Krad's rants, Dark continued his ritual and said, "Goodbye my other self." He then flew towards the Black Wings and dragged Krad inside the statue together with himself.

Inside the Black Wings, Dark seems winning. He spoke up, "Krad, the time has finally come. This is the end. This will be your demise."

"I'm afraid you're on your own, Dark Mousy." Krad replied confidently with a smirk on his face. He took a feather from his wings. "I will be leaving here soon."

"There's no way!" Dark started to worry. He inquired to himself, "Hey Daisuke, are you there?"

"Yeah, I'm with you!" he replied.

"But how? You should have separated from that ceremony!"

Krad laughed to himself. "Everything is going according to plan. You are the key, and I'm the only one who knows how to use that key. Welcome to the darkness, it's waiting for you Dark, within the Black Wings." Krad's feather started to glow.

At the Niwa household, Daiki sensed the awakening of the Black Wings. He told his daughter to start the ritual, and she obeyed. They used the two feathers in the frame they have at home to connect with the Black Wings.

Back to the Black Wings, Krad stated the powerful words, his last defense against his seemingly twin brother. "Wings of Darkness, now come back to life!" He lifted his glowing feather that used telekinesis to control Dark and position him to where he should be. The intense power started draining energy from both Daisuke and Dark to revive the monster as the two converse telepathically.

"I'm sorry Daisuke, I didn't expect this!"

"It'll be okay, I promise. You're not alone Dark." Daisuke felt the draining twice faster.

Krad chuckled sadistically. "You're such a sore loser."

A sound of metal caught his attention. It was Kei, using the last of his strength to get up. It seems like Mio's words got through him. He returned to the dad he used to be.

Krad warned him from afar, with his feather glowing furiously. "Stop it! You can't break the seal now! If you don't stop-"

Satoshi cut him off by fighting him from the inside.

"Master Satoshi, why did you...?"

"I'm ready to live my own life now. Goodbye."

Kei raised the axe over his head, directed to the seal. "I won't let anyone get to the Black Wings." He let go of his axe, fell on the ground, stating his son's name before letting out his last breath.

Krad fell on the floor and Dark broke out from the telekinesis, stating, "This is it!"

He rushed to Krad's direction and started a conversation with his tamer for the last time. Or at least, the last time he thought.

"Daisuke..."

"What is it?"

"No, it's nothing." He closed his eyes.

"Don't forget Dark..."

"Hmm?"

"I exist inside of you."

"Daisuke..." He opened his eyes.

"I won't forget you either, Dark."

Feeling touched by his tamer's words, a few tears escaped his eyes. He shut his eyes close again, doubling his speed towards Krad, he drew a feather from his wings. It glowed blue, and when it touched Krad, the two of them are united into one. The displacement on the skull of the Black Wings was fixed as its eye opened. It roared, but it didn't last. Due to the ritual performed by the Niwas, a light beam from the sky struck the museum and the awakening of the Black Wings was ceased.

Back at the Niwa basement, the two feathers on the frame vanished, signalling the end of chaos. With and Towa also came back to life. And Towa gladly reported to them that Daisuke is okay.

Outside the museum, Daisuke supported Satoshi with his shoulder. Satoshi is half conscious and Daisuke lent him his torn coat. Daisuke opened a conversation up.

"Are you okay, Hiwatari?"

"Yeah." He replied, lifting his head up to see the sunrise. "It's brilliant, don't you think?"

"Yeah."

"But it's a different kind of brilliance."

"What?"

Hiwatari lost his balance and Daisuke bent to support him. But he regained is balance and used his palm to signal Daisuke, no.

"I'm alright." He paused. "Niwa, can I have this coat?"

Daisuke wore a surprised expression, but agreed, "Yeah. Sure."

"I guess I'll try to enjoy my life since I have it."

Daisuke nodded.

"You're truly an amazing person."

From afar, Daisuke and Satoshi heard Riku calling Daisuke's name out, with her sister after her. Daisuke runs towards Riku, leaving Satoshi behind.

Both Riku and Daisuke stopped in the middle of their tracks to pant and catch their breath. Then, Riku ran straight and threw herself onto Daisuke, hugging him tight. Daisuke hugged her back.

Risa and Satoshi turned around to give more privacy to the couple. But even if they turned their backs, they still stare on each other, with faint blush on their cheeks.

With no witnesses, Daisuke and Riku kissed passionately. It cleared Daisuke's mind that Riku had become his sacred maiden.

;varZ