Sixteen

Hey guys! So, I meant to get this chapter up yesterday (since the season 3 trailer came out then) but I didn't get it written in time. So, here it is! If you haven't watched the trailer, it's over on the side. (It doesn't go along with this story though. Different alpha pack.)

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. ENJOY. Love ya! :D

                                                        Chapter Sixteen

                                                              • Aubrey •

Roxanne’s not happy to see me. Funny, because after sending that hunter after me, I would have thought she’d be thrilled by my return. Not that I’m staying for long.

            At first, everyone opposed the idea. Stiles was the most adamant, with Scott being a close second. Isaac had already left for school, taking Allison with him (she had a perfect attendance record and preferred not to tarnish it, no matter the circumstances). Derek stood motionless, arms crossed as I tried to explain that this problem was just too big for us to handle on our own. To my surprise, he agreed with me.

            I had looked pointedly at Scott, who had his hands balled into fists at his side. “That means you have to listen to him, and I have to go. Alpha’s orders.”

            “Actually,” Derek said. “He doesn’t have to listen to me, since I’m not his alpha. But it’s always a good idea, since there’s always the chance I’ll beat him up.”

            Scott muttered something that wasn’t supposed to be nice while I asked, “He’s not your beta? But I thought there was only one pack in Beacon Hills.”

            Scott nodded. “Yeah, there is, but for some reason, I’ve never had to listen to Derek, even after he became alpha. I’m an alpha, just like you.”

            “Well,” I said. “Not just like me.”

            Eventually, plans were made and we headed off towards the pack house. It was decided that Derek would stay away― the alpha pack didn’t need to take over the Beacon Hills pack as well― and Stiles stayed with him, much to his disappointment.

            Now, I stand in the entryway to the pack house― the home that I was supposed to feel safe in― with Scott by my side and two hulking guards pressing up behind me. Roxanne is at the other end of the hallway, amber eyes blazing.

            Her voice is crisp and cool when she speaks; it’s liquid ice in my veins. “I see you’ve finally decided to grace us with your presence.”

            “Really, Roxanne, you should’ve known that you couldn’t always keep me locked up.” I’m surprised to find that my own voice is laced with bitter malice, if not hatred.

            “Locked up? I assumed you were happy here.”

            “Yeah, being chained up and on constant watch by guards really makes me feel like I have total freedom.” Scott’s eyebrows go up and Roxanne’s jaw clenches― she hates sarcasm, and would reprimand me if it wasn’t for Scott. She likes to pretend she’s warm and motherly in front of guests.

            Her face changes to one of sympathy. Tossing her fire red hair behind her, she starts off towards me. When she stands in front of me, she reaches down to envelop me in a hug; her skin is uncomfortably hot. Her touch manages to shock me― it’s not that she’s never hugged me before, but that when she touches me, it’s normally to inflict some kind of injury. Squeeze me too tightly; dig her nails into my shoulder. But this… it’s just like how a mother would hug her daughter.