"Nothing about you could be seen as not pretty" his words sent a pain through my heart and tears in my eyes. He spoke too soon I'm sure. Just wait till he sees all of me... I turned over so I was lying on my stomach with the towel around my back. I slowly started pulling the towel lower and lower with shaking hands. So much so half way I felt his own hands take over, pulling the towel all the way, away from my back.

I felt hot and uncomfortable but at the same time very relaxed with his hands touching my skin to his. I felt like I was dreaming as the electric waves of heat he sent me washed over my body. He hadn't made a sound since the towel showed him all Bill's handy work. Then I felt his hands move from the towel to the top of my shoulders. His cold, ruff fingers felt so big and strong as they brushed smoothly and gently along my back, to the point when his fingers didn't feel cold atoll but burning hot and what first felt ruff now felt as soft as feathers flying along my skin. It sent little waves of shock through my heart as the thought of him touching my naked skin, having his eyes take me in. It wasn't until he got to the lower part of my back when I felt my heart start to attack my chest. I couldn't pull back now. I felt his fingers touch the first line of scars... breathe, breathe I told myself. He still hadn't made a sound as he moved his fingers over all the red marks of my skin.

"What happened?" his voice was nothing more than a whisper with his throat choking a little bit at the end.

"It was a long time ago, I can't really remember" I lied as I turned my head into the pillow to hide. Maybe I should have never showed him. I knew they would affect him, if he was ever attracted to me once he'll never be again. Not a man like Jake anyway, where he could have any girl that was perfect in every way.

"You're lying" he said moving his hands across the scars sending a shiver up my spine making me jump. "Tell me" he demanded

I've never told anyone any of this. I thought bringing it all back up I'd find in harder to forget all about my time in care. I never trusted anyone enough with my past, however much I love Millie I thought by telling her for my past she would see me differently. I didn't really think she would shun me or anything like that but she would just see me different and I couldn't let that happen. She was too sweet and innocent to take on my baggage.

But Jake...

There was just something about him. I wanted to tell him everything about me, I wanted him to know and understand the real me better than anyone else. I wanted to know and understand everything about him. It was just hard to let someone else in.

"I didn't really have the best childhood... my foster family they weren't the best of people. They believed in speaking through their fists, physical punishment was more there thing"

"They did this to you" he said as he kept brushing over the scars, I couldn't get used to someone touching them, I jumped every time.

Why is he touching them? He should be repulsed by them, yet he still keeps touching them so gently like he's scared he's going to hurt the six year old scars.

"Like I said it was a long time ago" I pulled the towel that was only just covering my bottom back up to cover myself. I slowly moved back around on my back trying not to lean on my hip. When I turn to look at his face for the first time since talking about the scars I saw how angry he looked. His once warm bright green eyes had now turned dark and blood shot, like he was almost near tears and his face was the reddest I'd ever seen. His body was tense and his hands where clenched in a tight fist.

"I don't give a shit how long ago it was!" he shouted at me. "Tell me you got them done for this?" he jumped to his feet as he started pacing from one side of the bed to the other. Maybe telling him wasn't the best of ideas.