FOUR -- HERO

"Ready?" Niall chirps. He's been waiting by the door for Louis for a while, but not because Louis is taking a long time to make his way to the door. Niall is just excitable, and that causes him to be ready for things way earlier than is necessary.

"Yeah, Ni, I'm ready," Louis chuckles, knowing that this is just how Niall is. The blonde happily loops his arm through Louis' tugging him out the doors and to Louis' car. "So what kind of sweater are you looking for?"

"One that is perfect. I have high standards," Niall says seriously, making Louis stifle a laugh.

"I see that. I hope the mall meets those standards," Louis grins, and Niall sticks his tongue out at him.

"I didn't think about that," Niall says, suddenly worried. Louis looks over at him, confused by the sudden mood change. "What if they don't have the perfect sweater, Louis!? Then I won't be dressed properly for fall and I'll freeze my butt off!" Niall looks so legitimately scared about freezing off his butt that Louis has to laugh.

"Cutie, don't worry. I'm sure they'll have at least one sweater that you'll like," Louis reassures him. Niall still looks worried as Louis pulls into a parking space, so he reaches over the armrest and tickles Niall until he's all smiley again.

- - -

Zayn is nervous again when he gets to Harry's, though he knows he shouldn't be. He's known these boys almost all his life -- it doesn't make sense to be nervous around them -- but nothing stops the butterflies in his stomach.

When Harry opens the door, an immediate smile spreads across Zayn's face in response. Harry's happiness is contagious, and Zayn is quick to return the hug Zayn gives him as he steps inside.

"Hey, Zee," Liam calls with a bright smile, eating jelly beans out of a bowl on Harry's kitchen table.

"Jelly beans!" Zayn cheers, totally ignoring Liam's greeting and reaches for the bowl. "Are these the blue ones!?" Harry knows these are Zayn's favorite, and just winks at him in response.

Zayn tries to ignore his burning cheeks as he goes to grab a handful, but Liam moves the bowl out of his grasp. "Li!"

"You didn't even say hi back to me," Liam says, his voice full of mock hurt. "My heart is absolutely broken."

"Hi." Zayn's voice is totally monotone, and he reaches again for the bowl. Harry just stands against the sink, watching them, a fond grin on his face. "Liam! Give me the --" His words are cut off when he starts laughing from Liam tickling him.

"Harry, hold his arms!" Liam yells as Zayn tries to slap his hands away. Zayn can hear Harry laughing as he pins his arms behind his back. Harry's breath is tickling his neck, and Liam's hands are so warm on his skin. He has never felt as warm as he does in this moment.

"I can't breathe!" Zayn shrieks, and Liam finally stops tickling him. He lets out a weary sigh of relief, dropping his head back on Harry's shoulder. "You two are awful."

"You were being incredibly rude," Liam shrugs, smirk on his face, and he goes back to eating his jelly beans.

- - -

"What about this one?" Niall giggles. It's not even a sweater, it's a hoodie, but the hood part looks like Stitch, and it's so painfully cute that Louis wants to buy it for him.

"You are so cute it is physically painful," Louis tells him, smile widening as Niall's cheeks pink and he pulls off the hoodie.

"THAT ONE HAS MOUNTAINS ON IT!" Niall squeals, forgetting his excitement about his Stitch hoodie and running over to look at the mountain print. "That one is pumpkin colored!" His excitement is so cute that Louis can't stop smiling. "I have too many options! What do I do!?" He looks stressed, and then turns to Louis for help.

"I think you should get these two," Louis says, handing Niall the mountain print sweater and one that has a leaf pile on the front. "And I'll get you the Stitch hoodie."

Niall's smile stretches so far across his face that his cute little nose wrinkles. "Really!?"

Louis nods, and Niall lets out a squeal sound and hugs Louis so hard he can't breathe. And as if he couldn't get any cuter, he leans up and presses a few kisses to Louis' face, humming out thank yous as he does so.

Louis is pretty sure he's died and gone to heaven.

- - -
This chapter goes to arikaz bc she's bomb af and she literally asked me to write this. Go check out her fic "Flowers in Your Hair" if you're trying to have major ziall feels!