Chapter 12

I lay on the ground, a day later, covered in blood head to toe.

I was exhausted but I was way too scared to sleep. What if a predator came when I was sleeping? I couldn't defend myself because I couldn't even move my little finger.

I sighed. Chi was curled in my hair, no doubt making a huge mess of it. I didn't understand why I wouldn't sleep. I was exhausted but my brain refused to shut down and let my eyes rest. Every time I blink, my eyelids get heavier.

If you sleep, you might not be able to hear. I won't be able to hear people in the woods so I wouldn't be able to make myself found. It's not like people would be looking for you. That's true. Nobody would look for me.

Against my will, my eyes downwards so they were almost closed but I could still see a sliver of the twilight sky. That soon, disappeared when my mind blanked out, exhausted.

---

The sound of leaves crinkling made my eyes snap open. I twitched the fingers of my left arm and thankfully they moved with some difficulty - or at least without screaming. When I shifted my legs, a hot white flash of pain erupted from both of my ankles.

I tried to calm my breaths into an even pace. My heart was working overdrive. Ok, so I can't move. Just perfect.

Another crunch of leaves draws my attention to it's reason. The sound we coming my way as if they were footsteps. My heart raced. Gruesome thoughts and scenarios of kidnappers, murderers and rapists dashed through my mind, quick as lightning.

I squeezed my eyelids shut, bracing myself for the worst. The footsteps were coming closer and I couldn't move to cover myself better. Too late, I was in plain sight if someone looked around the tree I was currently sprawled beside.

"Sang?" The owner's voice tone displayed obvious relief. Not to mention shock. They gasped. Probably finally spotted the blood covering me.

A sudden thought came to mind. I knew this person! My eyes involuntarily sought him out, finally settling on a pair of emerald green eyes shielded behind black rimmed glasses.

"Hey Kota," I opted for casual. "What brings you out here?"

Kota's mouth was agape, shocked at the words that had slipped out of my mouth. "Wh-what brings me here?" He blinked a few times before taking a deep breath and continuing. "What brings you here?"

"Oh!" I grin at him. "A stroll in the woods. I couldn't sleep so I thought the woods would take my mind off things, you know?"

"Is that blood you're covered in?" He tone was terrified and extremely concerned.

"Yup!"

"Sang," He said slowly. "Is the blood yours? If so, what happened?"

"Yes the blood is mine," I pause, wondering how I would answer his second question. "And if you glance around at your surroundings, I would appear very clear what happened to me." I chose not to answer.

Kota glanced around but didn't see anything so when he turned back to me, I shrugged my shoulders.

"I fell off a tree Kota!" I say, exasperated..

His mouth shut closed. I could almost see the gears turning in his brain. "Why did you fall off a tree? What were you doing on the tree in the first place?"

"I was playing leapfrog on the tree tops." I shrugged. "One jump was too far though."

Kota groaned. "You mustn't do that Sang! It's dangerous!"

I shrugged. "I had to get rid of my energy somehow."

"Where do you live?"

I watched him warily. "Why do you want to know?"

He blushed. "I just wanted to take you to your house."

I shook my head, "I don't have medication at home." He cheeks tinted red even more.

"Then I'll take you to the hospital."

I shook my head frantically. I couldn't go to the hospital! "No no! I'll just...I'll just...I'll just stay here." I glanced around. "In the woods."

Kota gave me strange look. "No, Sang. You're coming to the hospital." With that he slipped his arms under my knees and neck, lifting me up as if I weighed nothing. I probably did.

I sulked the whole way out of the woods. I didn't want to go to the hospital!

I felt Kota's chest move up and down with a sigh. "I'm really sorry Sang, I had a last minute errand to do."

I rolled my eyes. "Well then, if it was just an errand, why can't you tell what it was?"

Kota sighed and my heart almost burst. He sounded extremely distressed. "Please, Sang? Just trust me."

"Why should I trust you? There's no reason for me to." I didn't trust easily.

"Sang," I blinked. He sounded so distraught that I inadvertently forgave him. Dang it, I thought. Why couldn't I stay mad at one of these boys for more than a few minutes?

I sighed. "What is so special about you guys that I can't seem to get angry at you?"

He grinned, cheeks tinted cerise once again. We continued walking, or more like he continued carrying me.

We approached the edge of the woods and he stopped abruptly. "Look Sang," He glanced at me. "I really am sorry."

I nod involuntarily. "You're forgiven." I mentally snapped my fingers when a thought came to mind. "Nathan isn't forgiven yet though. Danielle isn't that bad."

Kota chuckled. "You mean as bad as Jade?" I nod and he continues, passing the edge of the forest.

I nod. Jade was pretty bad. I smile up at Kota. "Thank you."

He looks down. "What for?" I only shrug. I just felt as I needed to thank him.

I'm not happy with how this came out but I'm on writers block so anything will help! And anyway, I'm pretty sure I've tortured you guys enough.