Chapter 6

Run father into the woods lost in the sights and sounds and scents I sense.

As walk further into the woods, I realize that I didn't care if Marie saw me. Its not like she would report it to the cops. If she did, she would have to be taken away because Mother was depressed.

I start stressing over 'what if's'. What if Marie tells people I ran away? What will she tell Father? The last thought gets solved when I remember I have my audio recorder with me.

I had recorded Mother telling me to go so that solved that problem. What if Marie tell everyone at school that you sing at the Diner?

Would that be a bad thing? I stop dead at the thought. Was it? It's not like I have Mother breathing down my back. And Marie already knows so...would it be so bad?

I continue walking to the falls while my mind debates with itself. I finally decided to keep it secret until Marie tells everyone. Until then, nobody would know.

I finally make it the falls - my home - and slip in. I place the old stretchy material inside the black tent as I get my sewing machine ready.

I realize that I have no way get power to plug it in. A mental light bulb goes off and I run back to my suitcase dragging my sewing machine with me.

I dug around in it and found what I was looking for.

I pump my fists and repack my sewing machine inside and examine the material.

It was my old swimsuit, the pale pink stretchy t-shirt and shorts were still intact but a little worn at the edges. I've only used this four times.

I took a deep breath and, with shaky hands, started cutting the material with my pair of scissors.

I thought back to the beach movies I've watched and imagined a two piece.

It was half of a tank top and a short skirt with a built in bikini bottom.

It looked a bit dull so I pulled out my bag of scraps and dug out a stretchy black material.

I added strips to both the mini tank top and skirt. When I examine it after I had sewn them all together with my portable sewing machine I thought it looked pretty good.

I stripped and out it on.

It was snug on me. I only had a five by five inch mirror so I couldn't see myself but it was comfortable.

I slipped outside and dived into the fresh water pond. I relished the water on my skin after not having a shower in three days.

I swam under the spray of the falls and rubbed my arms and legs to get all the sweat and dirt off.

After, I swam laps around the pond enjoying my swim.

Crunch.

I stopped dead in the water. Something was in the woods for it had come in that direction. I ducked my head in the water when a figure emerged from the woods and into the clearing.

"Hey, wait!"

I stayed underqater, unmoving.

"Please, I just want to talk to you."

I hesitated. Maybe I should? I rise up and turn with my back to the stranger. From my angle of the falls, I could see the figure's reflection in the falling water.

He had a lean figure with brown hair and glasses.

Kota?!

I gulped. He knows it's me!

"Hey...um...what's your name?"

He didn't know! "None of your business." I purposely made my voice lower. "What are you doing here?"

I say his reflection gulp. "I just stumbled here."

"Liar."

His reflection to a shocked step back then hung it's head, defeated. "My friend said this girl is going camping and I wanted to see if I could find her."

That's me. "I'm the only person here, this my territory." Unless it's private property. "maybe I've seen her. What does she look like."

A blush creeps along his cheeks. "She's really pretty, blonde hair and green eyes. She..." The reflection sighed. "It makes my day when I see her smile."

My face felt hot. "I've never seen a girl like that. I sure she's fine and doesn't need any help. If she did, she would've called for help and I would've heard her."

Kota's reflection nods. "Thanks, I just wanted to make sure she was safe."

My ears and neck turned bright pink. "She's fine, I promise you."

Kota had a weird expression on his face and opened his mouth to ask a question but thought better of it and shut his mouth.

"Bye." He sends a wave.

I gingerly lift a hand to wave back. When he leaves, I whisper,

"Goodbye Kota."