Chapter 32

[Ashton's POV]

Luke and Michael had been rather chatty and close for the past few days. It didn't bother me all that much because they were friends like Michael and I were, but it bothered me because it's like they were keeping something from me. They just acted suspicious and I didn't like it. Since I was working tonight, I was planning on asking Michael. 

Except the problem was that I would have to wait until the crowd cleared out and I would have a chance to talk to him. But fate seemed to go against me because more and more people kept coming in. I mean, not that I complained because more costumers gave me something to do and I made some commission. But being that I was trying to think of what Luke could be hiding from me, I couldn't do my job to its full potential. 

"Where can I find Bring Me The Horizon merch?" 

I turned and saw Calum standing there. I nearly grimaced when I saw him, just like he did, but I decided that it was better to be the polite employee by plastering a fake smile on. "That depends on what kind you're looking for."

"I told you that I was looking for Bring Me The Horizon," he said again, very obviously being short with me. 

"I meant like type of merch. Are you looking for a tee, sweater, wristband, CD, button, album, sticker, patch, jewelry?" I simplified. 

"Oh, um, a wristband and shirt, I guess," he said.

"Well, the shirts you can find on the wall and there might be some scattered in the clearance. The wristbands are over by the other jewelry. They're not in alphabetical order, so you might have to dig for them," I told him. 

I turned around to go back to fixing up the wall, but just as I was about to begin working again, my shoulder was grabbed and I was forced back around to be faced with Calum yet again. His grip was strong, so there was no way I could get away. And sadly, I was in the hidden corner of the store, so Michael couldn't see this happening. 

"What the hell, Calum? I told you where the shit was," I told him, confused as to why the asshole was pinning me in a threatening manner. 

"I could give a shit less. I came here to tell you to leave Luke alone. Stay the fuck away from him and me," he spat, literally all up in my face.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Do you actually think that someone popular and attractive would actually want to hangout with you and period blood over there? No. He doesn't. So, leave us alone. Give up whatever gay fantasies you have about him because they will never happen and you will never speak to him again, got it?" he clarified. "If you do, I'll fucking ruin you."

"What the hell? I'll have you know that he doesn't like you or your minions one bit, so I can tell you that you are full of shit. I also don't have any gay fantasies about him either because he's already made them come true," I spat but then realized what I had said. 

Calum's eyes narrowed and his mouth was pressed in a straight line. "Luke isn't a faggot and even if he was, he wouldn't go for someone as ugly and worthless as you."

With that, Calum let me loose and left the store. I was so confused as to why the hell that even happened. Luke and Calum had only hung out once after he had met Michael and I, so it seemed that Calum was getting a little possessive of my boyfriend or something. It still didn't make sense to me why I was just threatened though. If Luke was actually what Calum said, he should grow a pair of balls and come tell me that himself. But I didn't have any worries. 

I walked back up to the checkout counter, seeing that Michael was pricing a few items for return. He looked up at me, his green eyes filled with exhaustion and boredom. "What's up, Ash?"