Chapter 20

READ MY AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!

Lukey's outfit <3

[Luke's POV]

I threw on something to make me look presentable and human (and cute because it's Ashton) before Ashton came to pick me up. I was actually nervous because it was only go to be the two of us as far as I knew. Why was I so nervous? It's not like Ashton was going to kiss me again. That was a one time thing.

Before I could continue to think anymore, there was a car beeping in my driveway. I grabbed my jacket from the back of the kitchen chair and hurried out out to Ashton. From my house's outside lights, I could see that it was only Ashton in it, which made a herd of butterflies appear in my stomach. Ashton was just my friend, so I didn't understand why I was getting so nervous.

I hurried out to the car, jumping into the passenger's side and noticed that it was Michael's. I wanted to question it, but figured that it would probably be a good idea not to.

"Well, hello," Ashton said, a smile on his face.

I looked over at him, trying not to lose all of my composure when I looked at his big and beautiful hazel eyes. "Hey, Ash."

He backed out of the driveway, the only sound filling the car was the radio. I didn't know what to say to him, which was odd since I always had something on my mind to say. It was also weird that Ashton wasn't saying anything because he was always a conversationalist.

"So, where we going?" I asked, deciding to break the awkward-yet-not-awkward silence.

"I wasn't really sure. I hadn't thought that far," Ashton chuckled. "Where do you want to go?"

"Um, we can go wherever. I don't really care," Luke told him with a smile.

After a moment, Ashton spoke up. "Have you eaten?"

"Yeah, just a few pieces of pizza. Why?" I asked.

"Well, we could go to that ice cream place if you want," Ashton suggested, biting his lip nervously.

"Yeah, that sounds good," I agreed, not being able to hold the smile in as Ashton nodded in agreement.

The drive there felt like it took forever, mainly because I was overthinking and freaking out even though this wasn't a date. We were just two friends that were hanging out and getting ice cream, nothing more. I have to keep telling myself that otherwise I'm going to drive myself insane.

There wasn't that many people that were there, which didn't really surprise me considering it's later at night and not many people went to get ice cream at night. Ashton parked along the street and hurried to get out of the car. As I went to open my door, it was yanked open and a smiling Ashton was looking down at me.

"And I thought chivalry was dead," I chuckled, getting out of the vehicle that was actually rather low to the ground, at least to me and my long legs it was.

"It is, but I felt like bringing it back. Kinda like a Throwback Thursday," Ashton chuckled as we walked into the small ice cream shop.

"You do realize that it's a Wednesday, right?" I laughed.

"Fine, Way Back Wednesday if you're going to be Mr. Politically Correct," he joked.

There was a young girl that finally appeared out of the back to take our orders. I grabbed my wallet out of my pocket and started digging out the money when Ashton smacked my hands. I looked up at him, confused.

"Don't bother. It's on me," he smiled.

"Are you sure? I mean, it's no trouble," I told him. I've never liked when people paid for me when they didn't have to. It made me feel needy and like I owed them.

"Yes, I'm sure. I brought you here, I'm paying for you," Ashton said with a smile. It was no use arguing, so I just smiled back.

When the girl handed us our ice cream, she looked between us with a smug smile. She told Ashton the price and he paid her the exact amount. "Have a good night, boys."

I looked at her again and she gave us a wink, but Ashton didn't notice as he was already shoving his face into the ice cream cone. I licked at it slowly, sitting down across from Ashton at one of the tables. Neither of us spoke since we both were occupied.

"What kind did you get again?" Ashton asked after he licked the rim of his cone.

"I got cookie dough," I said, taking a quick lick of it. "You?"

"Cookies and cream," he smiled. "I've never really tasted cookie dough. Is it good?"

"Yeah, it's the next thing to amazing," I chuckled. "Do you want to try it?"

"Sure! That is, if you don't mind my germs on your ice cream," he laughed.

"It's fine," I told him. I extended my arm out to him and felt my cheeks heat up as he licked it. I don't know why, but I thought it was rather hot. "Like it?"

"Yeah, but I think I'll stick with my cookies and cream," he joked. "Do you want to have some since I stole some of yours?"

I gulped. "Sure."

I took some of his ice cream, not making eye contact because that would make it awkward and that's the last thing I wanted to happen. I nodded when I was done, approving of the flavor. "That's better than mine."

"So, cookie dough is no longer the next thing to amazing?" he chuckled.

"I would have to say that they're tied for that spot," I joked, admiring the boys sparkly smile.

We looked at each other and it felt like time stopped in that instant. The thought occurred to me that I was definitely gay, or maybe I was just Ashton-sexual. I've never felt this drawn to someone and I didn't even care that it was a boy. It was an amazing boy in my opinion.

----

"It's a beautiful night out," Ashton said as we laid on the hill in the park, both of us staring up at the clear dark sky.

"Yeah, it is," I responded.

It sounded like we were on a date, but I knew that it wasn't. It was just the two of us hanging out as friends and neither of us wanted to be like normal teenagers and hangout at home. That was overrated. Suddenly, I saw a bright light shining in the corner of my eye. I looked over to see that Ashton was on his phone, responding to a text message. If it were a date, he wouldn't be on his phone.

I turned my attention back to the sky and let my mind wander, but it stopped when I felt something warm against my arm. I looked down, seeing that Ashton's arm was against mine, as if he moved closer. I didn't let myself think into it, knowing that I would probably take it differently than it was intended. Just as I thought that, I felt his long fingers gently entangle with mine, holding my hand softly. A blush crept onto my face and I looked over at the boy, who was still staring up at the stars. I smiled slightly, not at all freaking out inside that the boy I was apparently crushing on was holding my hand.

"Sorry," Ashton whispered, taking his hand away.

I looked over at him, an embarrassed expression on his face as he kept his hands on his stomach. I reached over, gently grabbing his hand again, just tighter this time. "No, don't be."

"W-what?" he squeaked, his hazel eyes meeting my blue ones.

"Don't apologize," I told him with a small smile. "Same with that kiss; don't be sorry that it happened."

Ashton looked at me confused, but then he smiled at me, squeezing my hand back. Hopefully, he got the hint that I was trying to give him.

----

SO, THIS IS MY IMPORTANT QUESTION. Do you want me to do a character Q&A?