Chapter 21

emily pov

"here...she left this with me before she left. i kept it in her family history book....but it's hers." i said and handed aria the old, worn out picture of courtney.

aria dripped water in the bowl with the picture and it lit into flames and spencer, caleb and i backed up.

aria chanted something in latin and caleb said, "what will this do?"

"i can turn the metal to ash...blow the ashes on courtney and it will incapacitate her for a minute or two...long enough for you to get the stone and get out." she said and i noticed blood coming from her nose.

"uh...ar." i said and she wiped it quickly, before spencer saw and gave me a look to not tell.

i nodded and we focused again.

aria poured the ashes out and i sighed, "better get the torches."

"ezra's stake guns are in the car. remember that we have to thank fitz for helping. aria?" caleb said.

"no go ahead. i'll just finish up here." she said.

spencer pov

when they left i said, "what are you doing?"

"shh!" she said.

"aria. you're not strong enough-" she shut me up by putting her finger against my lips and i stared into her eyes and she kissed me, "i'll be fine."

"you could get hurt." i said.

"and alison can die. i'll be fine. promise." she said and i sighed, "hey i got this okay? go get something for me to put this in." i said, pointing to the ashes and she smiled, walking away.

i quickly pulled out my wallet and a credit card and slid some ashes into it.

alison pov

maya walked in when i was making tea, "she found him not long before we did."

i nodded, "and how is she?"

"overreacting. big time."

i scoffed, "well. she's jenna so..."

"she only dated him to see if he'd turn her. he never did."

i chuckled, "she wants to be a vampire?"

maya rolled her eyes and i did too.

i walked tea over and handed it to jenna who took it, not talking to me.

i sighed and sat, "jenna. look i know we aren't the closest friends but i need your help. please. i need to know if slater was able to help me find klaus."

she scoffed, "doubtful. klaus doesn't want to be pointed out."

"well can you at least tell me slater's computer password?" i asked.

"why would i help you? you blinded me." she said.

"and you faked being blind. i could easily tell that to everyone and they would know what a fake, lying bitch jenna marshall really is." i threatened and she glared at me.

"who do you think you are? i just saw my boyfriend with a stake through his heart. no alison." she hissed.

i nodded, "what if i can get maya to turn you?"

maya shot up and i clearly had jenna's attention.

she smiled, "follow."

we went to the computer and she logged in.