Chapter 30

courtney pov

"hanna? as in...marin?" caleb said, clearly in shock.

i sighed, "yeah. except...her name is hanna fields. adopted of course. i asked ashley to watch hanna over for me, protect her from everything. and when i triggered the werewolf curse emily handed down to her i felt horrible but it was getting too late for her. she had to do it to be stronger. i knew a bigger force was coming and if they found out about emily fields' kid? they'd go right after her. i needed her to be stronger. not to be in klaus' sacrifice. i knew she wouldn't end up in it." i said, the truth spilling out of me.

caleb sighed, "does hanna know?"

i chuckled, "no. absolutely not. the only person that knows is me, you and aria."

"aria knows?"

"knows what?" aria walked over with hanna by her side, cece and alison.

"uh...um. nothing. just uh.." i got nervous and aria sent me a mind message, "what's going on?"

"i told caleb...about hanna."

i watched aria's reaction and she had wide eyes.

"so! alison how do you like your party?" i asked with a smile.

she shrugged, "it's fun but...look it's both of our birthdays. dance with me?" she offered up and i gave her a look.

"relax doppel me. come on." she grabbed my hand and we went inside.

emily pov

"yes. uh huh. uh huh. okay i am the last person in here." andie said as she got ready to leave the studio.

"dave enough work please. can we do this in the AM?" she said.

"i have a party i got to get to and you got to get a life. okay, alright bye, bye bye." she said, then hung the phone up.

once she grabbed her bag off the table and started walking i shined a bright stage light on her and she stopped and turned to her, squinting, "hello? not cool, my retinas are burning." she said and chuckled.

she frowned and stepped out of the light to try and see me but i turned it to her again and she tried to cover her eyes, "okay. seriously? what the-what the hell are you doing?"

i could smell her fear.

i shut the light off and she looked scarier, "hello?"

i made feet sounds and she made a bee-line for the exit and she screamed, tripped, then fell.

i turned the light back on her.

i walked over and stood in front of the light, only seeing a shadow of my body and she scampered, trying to get to the door but i super sped in front of her.

"oh. hi. oh emily. oh my god." she said and laughed.

"what are you doing here? we've been looking everywhere for you." she said and was clearly relieved.

i just stared at her and her smile faded, "emily..."

i stared at her still.

my face expressionless.

she backed up a little, getting nervous and i let my eyes go their hybrid yellow and the veins came out under my eyes.

alison pov

i walked into caleb's room and heard, "you're not supposed to be in here."

i turned and saw hanna looking over and she sighed in relief, "sorry." she said and laughed.