Chapter 1 - Something Ends, Something Begins!

Start from the beginning

"Why don't we do a little training?" Gary suggested. "There is an arena in the back, so we can have a little battle"

"I only have Pikachu with me" Ash frowned, but Gary held out his only Pokeball.

"That's fine, I only have Scizor with me right now. We were doing some tests with his moves" Gary explained prior to his suggestion.

"Ok then, let's do it!" Ash clenched his fist and pumped it into the air with excitement.

"Hello. I am Nurse Joy. How may I assist you today?" Nurse Joy smiled from behind the counter, the screen in front of Ash and Gary pointing out the new tournament's availability.

"We would like to sign up for the upcoming tournament in the new stadium, please" Ash explained, bringing out his Pokedex.

"The Pokedex from Kalos is pretty advanced" Gary studied it, moving around Ash. "Interesting"

"Erm," Ash sweatdropped, looking at Gary as he continued to study the Pokedex.

"If you scan your Pokedex's you will be officially registered to participate. But, we have already received over 400 confirmed signatures from participating trainers" Nurse Joy cut them off and Gary instantly straightened up.

"400?!" he exclaimed, pulling out his Pokedex. He wasn't surprised at the number, it was more surprising that there had been 400 signatures in the fifteen minutes since the announcement.

"Who cares, we will get into the final rounds Gary" Ash didn't realize why Gary was surprised and was being motivative, but Gary ignored him as he scanned himself in.

"Gary Oak, 14 years old, Pallet Town" the voice spoke back after recognizing his Pokedex.

Ash did the same. "Ash Ketchum, 14 years old, Pallet Town," the voice said once more.

"Sweet! Now lets go train!" Ash said in a hurry, but Gary handed his Pokeball to Nurse Joy.

"He got a little roughed up in some tests, can you check on him for me please Nurse Joy?" Gary asked her, already knowing the reply anyway.

"Yes, of course," Nurse Joy said simply, before taking Scizor and moving to the back.

"Oh man, I have to wait?" Ash moaned, slumping into a seat.

"Have some patience for once Ash, I swear you never change" Gary shook his head and sat next to the now sweatdropping Ash.

Ash scratched the back of his head and laughed. "I guess you're right"

They both waited until Scizor came back out with Nurse Joy.

"Your Scizor is perfectly fine and healthy. You have taken great care of him" She smiled and handed Gary the Pokeball, who nodded in admiration.

"Thanks a lot, Nurse Joy!" he said as he followed Ash, who had already disappeared into the back room.

"Anytime, come back soon!" Gary heard Nurse Joy's faint voice as he entered the training arena, the Pokeball still in his hand.

"I haven't battled you in so long Gary, this will be fun!" Ash pumped his fist again, still feeling the excitement. Pikachu jumped off his shoulder, having been silent for most of the day. "Show him a good fight out there, Pikachu. Lets show Gary how strong we are now!"

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu replied, getting into an aggressive stance. He was preparing to battle.

"Okay then Ash, I won't hold back!" Gary warned him, before throwing his Pokeball. "Scizor, it's your turn!"

Scizor landed out of the ball and crouched down ever so slightly, in an attacking position. "Scizor!" It shouted, staring hard at Pikachu.

"The winner is the one who attacks first! Scizor, use metal claw!" Gary instructed, commencing the battle. Scizor's left pincer suddenly became coated in metal, shining in the burning sunlight that beat down heavily through the glass roof, making the room hot. Scizor dashed forward, after Pikachu.

"Pikachu, use Iron Tail and face the attack head on!" Ash hoped for an opening from the attack, as Pikachu shook his tail. As if by command, Pikachu's tail turned into solid iron, reflecting the sunlight through the metal, just like the metal on Scizor's pincer. Pikachu flipped around in a corkscrew and slammed his iron tail down into the advancing metal claw of Scizor. Both attacks were very powerful and created a minor explosion, sending them both back. Dust began to scatter through the arena and a small wind rushed through Gary's auburn, spiky hair and Ash's protruding, dark coloured fringe.

"Keep up the attacks with quick attack!" Gary continued to go on the offensive and Scizor executed his command perfectly, dashing forward. Scizor didn't have a lot of speed, but it was still hard to see at the speed it was going.

Ash narrowed his eyes and looked carefully, before thinking of an idea. "Pikachu!"

"Pika?" Pikachu turned around, wondering why Ash was only calling his name.

"Wait for Scizor to come in real close and then jump over it!"

"Pika!" Pikachu nodded and turned around, waiting for the perfect moment.

"Now!" Ash shouted. Pikachu instantly jumped up and over, just as Scizor skidded to a halt. It looked around for a moment, confused as to where Pikachu had gone.

"Now Pikachu, use iron tail once more!" Ash threw a hand outwards and Pikachu replied with a little tail flick in mid-air. His tail was once more covered by iron, as he used his momentum to force himself back, Pikachu span round to face the now recovered Scizor, who was turning around. Scizor's eyes widened in surprise as Pikachu slammed his tail into its face, sending Scizor back a step. Pikachu jumped back, using the momentum to be carried into the air.

"Now use thunderbolt!" Ash continued to order the attack and Pikachu leaned back, readying his tail

"Pikaaaaaaaa-CHUUUUUUUU!" Pikachu charged up a huge thunderbolt and shot it straight at Scizor. Scizor immediately yelled out in pain, the thunderbolt having a critical hit on Scizor. The smoke created from the power cleared and Scizor had already fainted.

"Looks like I win," Ash said, Pikachu jumping onto his shoulder.

"Wh-W-Bu-I" Gary was lost for words. He didn't expect to lose so soon. "I guess I better start training again right away! Smell ya later!" He returned Scizor and hurried away to go prepare for the tournament.

"That was fun, right Pikachu?" Ash asked his buddy, who relaxed his head on Ash's shoulder.

"Pika, Pika Pi" Pikachu replied, with a slight nod.

"What shall we do now?" Ash wondered, walking out of the Pokemon Center. He wasn't sure where to go.

"Pika.." Pikachu frowned, not having any ideas either.

"Ash?!" Ash heard two voices behind him, just like when he saw Gary. One of the voices was quite hoarse and deep, but the other was feminine. Ash recognized them both and span around, suddenly becoming excited again. Pikachu's frown was turned upside down as his eyes darted towards the two before them.

"Misty! Brock!" Ash called out, rushing down the road to his old friends.

The adventure was just beginning.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Decided to do the author's note at the end, but here it is! Anyone who reads my first series may be confused because I did say I would start on the 22nd, but it is Amourshipping Day! So I just had to start now. (Please tell me if there are any mistakes)

The first chapter of my new book; I hope you enjoyed it because I did. I decided to age everyone, so they weren't just '10' and are instead 14. This will be my first Pokemon book with actual Pokemon, so keep that in mind when my battle descriptions suck xD

I hope you all stick around and enjoy the ride because I intend to keep it going for as long as possible.

Thank you so much for the amazing cover Typovo a very talented person in terms of writing and creativity, never lacking imagination, make sure to check out Typovo's books and other creations!

Also, Happy Amourshipping Day everyone!