[2.2]

[A/N]: Watch the video in the multimedia :)

~ "then my kiss might mend your broken heart; I might miss everything you said to me" ~

Michael groaned as he spent yet another Saturday mornings stacking selves. He hated working at the supermarket, he'd rather be decorating some random wall in bright colours than putting the tuna in order.

He'd given up. He spent the while week trying to get Luke back, his wrists were tired from the amount if notes he had written, the number of cans that he had shaken. He didn't know what he was going to do with the canvas he had, it wasn't like he could reuse them.

"Why'd I have to be so stupid?" Michael sighed putted the last can in the shelf before he had to go work the register. To surprise when he turned around he saw Ashton standing there and Bailey holding his hand, a bright smile on the girl's face.

"Hey Bee," he lifted the girl balancing her on his hip.

Bailey stayed quiet snuggling into his neck, humming contently. She missed her Pa, and now she had him back- for a while at least.

"Ashton please don't tell-" but the older man shushed him,shaking his head as he looked at the canned goods on the shelves placing something I the basket he was holding.

Ashton turned back to Michael, a disappointed frown on his face, "Have you ever heard Luke cry himself to sleep?"

Michael shook his head.

"Ever got the midnight calls when he can sleep because he's heart broken?"

The man shook his head again placing Bailey down, making sure that her feet touched the ground.

"Luke needs you Michael, he's too stubborn to show it but he does. He's probably at home walking some romantic flick, crying and drowning himself in peanut butter."

Michael absentmindedly stroked his daughter's hair as she played with a string on his jeans. Luke didn't need him anymore, the blonde made that very clear since by Wednesday he didn't even care to read the notes he left anymore. However according to Ashton, it was the complete opposite to what he was showcasing, a little facade Luke had to keep him strong for a while, but it was slowly breaking.
Michael's eyes fell on Bailey, he bright green eyes staring back up at him, the girl rocking on her heels.

Michael's eyes averted back to Ashton who was hiding a smile. He wasn't going to sit there and let Luke's stubborn nature ruin what he really wanted.

From the beginning Luke had wanted for them to just be a happy family, he wasn't just going to let Michael leave like that again, no matter how much he 'hated' him, he loved Michael and their children (born and future) with all of his heart.

"Luke hates my guts," Michael sighed moving on to placing cans of sardines on the shelves, "He doesn't need me."

Bailey frowned, again displeased that she couldn't understand much of what was going on, but, she did know that no one around her was happy. All two of her daddies were sad, Luke being the saddest and she didn't like that one bit.

Uncle Ashton was sad too, but not like her daddies. Probably because had Calum like Pa had Daddy but...

The girl tugged on Michael's sleeve attracting the man's attention, "I don't hate you. Peanut likes you and me too."