page eleven•

Logan Gray•

I woke to the sound of birds outside of my window, the dim light pushing its way through the gap in the draped curtains as I shuffled up the bed to pick my cell phone up from the floor. The ache in my neck was obvious as I massaged it with my free hand. Yet again I'd lay funny and trapped a nerve.

I flinched as my phone buzzed in my hand, unlocking it I was brought to the attention that I had four new messages.

"LOL BITCH, YOU'RE A WHOLE YEAR OLDER. HOW'S IT FEEL TO BE OLD NOW, I'M YOUNGER THAN YOU? YOU'LL BE GRAY BEFORE YOU KNOW IT. ANYWAY, HAVE A GOOOOD DAY NOW THAT I'M THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD! CALL ME SOMETIME!"

I smirked at the message, the caps lock was signature Cassie. She was one of my friends back in college along with Seth, she moved away to New Zealand with her boyfriend at the time after we graduated. They're now married, and he wants a child. I haven't seen her in years, but we FaceTime every few months for a catch up, my life is to hectic to be able to catch a break to see her anymore.

"Hello Alexis, I just wanted to say happy birthday, I sent ten dollars in the mail. Spend it wisely."

I rolled my eyes, this was my uncle everybody. I haven't seen him in years because he abandoned me just like everyone else. He lives in Wyoming now as far as I know. Every year he does the same thing, accept the ten dollars never arrives. Because he doesn't fucking send it.

"Happy Birthday Graysickle, birthday suit for the Live show tonight? I think so. . . only kidding, love you buddy."

Seth had messaged me also, despite the fact that he was only outside the door probably eating some kind of carb breakfast. I never told many people when my birthday was, or about my family because I like to keep it as private as possible. Not even Ro and Dean know I'm 27 today.

I opened the final message to be greeted by the bosses. Stephanie. I had to tell them my details, it was obviously in the contract on the records so now they know. Despite my displeasure about it.

"Miss Gray, as today is your birthday myself and my husband have decided you may take the day off, take a break and go meet some friends or whatever you may please. As for your combat friends. . they need to be at the arena no later than three this after noon. Have a nice day. -Stephanie M."

I closed my phone, throwing it on the bed as I stood up and made my way out into the living area of our large hotel room. All three of the guys were up, it's something like eleven so I'd expect nothing less.

'How was the interview?' I asked sitting down at the dining table and taking a cookie from a grocery bag. I presumed they'd been to the shop whilst out on jobs this morning and God was I grateful.

'Same old, same old. . we face the Wyatt's at Elimination Chamber, that's what we've been told too' Roman sighed from the sofa, stretching and making a groan so anyone take a guess how long he's been there.

'Yeah and we're going to tear off their beards and bury them in a small shallow grave.' Dean warned standing from the dining table to empty off his plate. 'You think I'm joking too, but I'm not.'

'With you, the only thing that's ever a joke is with her' Seth pointed at me with a grin and I shook my head, Dean didn't say a word as he went to sit by Roman and pull out the cell phone which he doesn't use.

'Oh, I've got the day off today.' I muttered feeling it right that I tell them. I coughed planning to pass it off as being sick so that I wouldn't need to tell them about my age change.