I take a very very very very very very long plunge - Part 24

____________________________________________________________________________

I try and open the door but its locked. So I do the natural thing. Blow it up of course.

When I break into the room, my bow loaded I find myself pointing it straight at.............

____________________________________________________________________________

Its Connor.

He looks frantically at my direction and his eyes...they're the usual stormy gray but filled with fear. I race over to him but slam into something solid, hard and transparent.

"For a person who deals with magic, I'm surprised you didn't see that coming," a sinister voice says. I look back over at Connor and notice a barrier dividing the space between us. Connor puts his hand on the barrier and I place mine on his. The only thing between our hands is this stupid barrier. A tear drops down my face as he tries to yell something. I can't even hear him.

"Loki, you really are treading a fine line. One more snarky comment and I'm gonna shoot your eye off." I sneer looking down, a deep rage forming inside of me from the way he stabbed Coulson, trapped Connor and took over Connor and Clint's minds.

"Ooohhh," Loki jeers. "Don't you seem feisty today, it is a wonder what you insolent people do for those they love and care about. It makes you mortals pathetic and weak and childish. In the end, you will all kneel to me."

"In your wildest dreams Loki." I yell turning around and.....kinda exploding. On the inside of course, I don't spontaneously combust. I shoot an arrow close to Loki's face and slide over some of the wreckage between us. He tries to blast me with his scepter that he was somehow able to regain. I duck down and he blasts the wall behind me....leaving a giant hole in the room and a drop of almost twenty thousand feet. Crap. My dream flashes in my mind but I push that thought away and focus on the problem here.

As Loki and I fight, trying to blast and shoot each other I can see Connor in the corner of my eye struggling to get out of the barrier. If I can break that barrier then I could get some help from him and take Loki down. I kick Loki hard in the chest and as he falls down I run up to the barrier and feel it for imperfections. Loki comes flying at me so I shoot a taser arrow at him and roll to the side. I place my hand on the barrier and find a slightly weaker spot. I will some ice to form in the crack and grow. Loki yells and tackles me to the side. I land on my quiver and groan, the pain flaring up on my back. "That's gonna leave a bruise." I groan.

Loki walks up to me as an ice dagger forms in his hand and I shakily pull myself up. "Death by ice...." I say. "I never thought you were one for irony." He smiles and throws it at me but as it sails through the air, I will the ice to melt so all I get is a splash of cold water that sharpens my senses.

"Bad move Loki." I point my hand at the barrier and the ice that has now grown all over the barrier bursts. The barrier dissipates and Loki falls over from the shockwave of blast. I run over to Connor who is lying on the cold, hard ground......only to find the stormy gray eyes I know, fading into the electric blue I fear.

"Lexi.........." He trails off as the scepter's power takes over.

"Connor fight it! I know you can do this! You are stronger than him" I scream, holding his head in my hands, staring him right in the eyes as more tears threatening to fall. For a minute I think he can control it and push it out, the blue isn't as bright and I can feel him tense up. But then the gray disappears completely along with all of my hope. "N-No! C-Connor....p-please.....s-stay with me..." I cry giving him a gentle kiss on his forehead.

Then a sharp pain flares up in my gut. I look down and see the tip of Loki's scepter poking out through my stomach, stained with blood. My blood.

"You will always fall to me mortal."Loki sneers. Then, he whispers something curious in my ear right before I fall to the ground. "You shouldn't have come to SHIELD. You would have been spared."

Confused and weak from blood loss, I fall to the ground into a small puddle of water as Loki yanks the scepter out of me.

"I'll let your friend here finish the job." He says and walks out of the room. I reach my hand to my ear and press my comm. "SOS at storage level 3. Loki got away. Does any-one c-copy?" As I speak the small puddle I landed in fills into my wound, healing my wound partially. I regain a little strength but not all of it. Just as I try to pull myself up, I am picked up I chucked against a wall. I slam into it and fall weakly against the wall. I look over and see an expressionless Connor walking over to me.

"Connor..please." I beg pathetically. He kicks me hard in the gut, right where Loki stabbed me and I scream in pain. The wound isn't fresh but it hasn't healed either and i can feel my gut opening up again. He pulls me up and throws me to the side. I can't hurt him...I know that. But I need to get Loki out of his head. He might not know be but I know him. He is a part of me now, whether I like it or not. I wonder if I hit him really hard in the head if that will do anything. Only one way to find out!

As Connor stalks up to me and starts to kick me, I block the kick with my hands and kick his legs out from him. From the angle I kick him, his head slams into the floor. Wincing at the sight and my pain, I crawl over to Connor who I might have knocked out. With some of the last of my strength, I will some water to flow over his head and bruises, healing him. I rest my head down on the floor, exhausted. After a few seconds, he wakes up with a gasp, sitting up straight the moment his eyes fly open. "Wh-hat the?"

"C-Connor." I whisper weakly.

"Oh my gods Lexi!" He says and slides next to me. I can feel the blood seeping out of my side as he pulls me closer to him.

"D-did I do this?" He asks, his eyebrows scrunching up with worry.

I shake my head, "I-It was Loki. I-It's not your fault..."

"I could have done something...." He says, looking over my wounds.

"You did, you got Loki out of your head. You did everything you could Connor." I smile weakly.

Then the helicarrier tips as it stops falling out of the sky, tilting the room one last time. I can feel the force of the lift pushing me to the ground, and as I look up, I can see I pipe above us dangling dangerously above us as the helicarrier pulls a couple Gs. Just as it falls I shove Connor aside and roll over as the pipe takes out the floor under me. I grab onto anything I can, which ends up being a thin cable as I fall out into the hole in the floor of the the helicarrier. The only thing stopping me from falling about twenty thousand feet and rising is this cable that.....is just about to break. Of course it is.

"LEXI!" I hear Connor yell over the wind. I try climbing up the cable as it swings dangerously in the air. Connors holds out a hand toward me, the terror and fear clear on his face. For a moment though I think that everything is going to be okay. I reach close to the top of the cable and I reach out for Connor's hand. Our fingertips brush, right before the cable snaps. I gasp as I hurtle quickly away from the helicarrier, away from my team, away from Connor.

The relization soon makes it harder and harder to breathe, and black spots dance in the corners of my eyes and everything slowly blurs. The last thing I see is the gray blotch of the helicarrier before...........it...............all...............goes....................

A/N heh heh heh pleasedonthurtme *insert worried emoji here*

So yeah....Lexi...kinda took a very large plunge.....sorry 'bout that!

Anyway I still havent gotten any comments for Lexi and Connor's names so I'm thinking of just choosing them myself. So if you guys like a specific one just comment and I'll probably choose that one :)

I hope you liked this part and vote, comment and follow me if you did!

I'll see you all next week!! Love you guys sooo much!!

Stay Nerdy,

Nerdy_girl ;) <3 (or for you divergent fans <4)