The Perfect Day-Part 4

65 reads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for all the votes that I got!!!! now back to the story. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch and canoeing went by pretty slowly. Then again, all I was doing was lying on the canoe, the water did the rest of the work. It was a way of canoeing that Percy and I had pioneered. So as the Hermes cabin struggled to stear their canoes, I just lied down and stared of into the sky.

My mind drifted back to the fight. I smiled as I remembered Annabeth trying to cheer me on. That was a clever idea. Then my mind drifts to the Director Fury who had congratulated me on my performance at the arena. Something about him nagged at my gut. I had a feeling that she and Director would meet again. Where? When? I honestly had no idea. But something told me that this man will change my life. I had that gut feeling.

But then again, the last time I had a gut feeling, I was wrong...so we never know.

A splash of water snapped me out of my thoughts. Without thinking, I held my arm up and willed it to go away. I sat up sharply to see Travis Stoll completely drenched and the rest of the campers laughing. Aparantly, Travis had thought I was sleeping and decided to throw water on my. Unfortunatly, I had been awake and had accidentally willed the water back towards Travis, drenching him from head to toe. When I realized what had happened, I laughed along with everyone else. After what I thought was forever, the nymphs called them back to shore.

Percy and I ended up being the first back to shore (no surprise there) and helped the nymphs pull the canoes back to the beach from the dock. We had a small conversation as we pulled the last canoe onto the beach.

"So Coral Face, you ready for archery?" I asked Percy and laughed when he responded with a groan.

"Don't laugh at me! It's not my fault that I can't shoot a stupid bow!" Percy exclaimed making Lexi laugh even harder. "What are you two laughing so hard about" a familar voice asked behind them.

"Oh hey Annabeth," I said when she turned and saw the daugther of Athena standing behind them.

"Nice job at the arena today. I thought our little trick would have worked." she said.

"Hey! Thats not fair!" I said slightly annoyed. We stood there staring at each other for a tense moment, Percy looking nervous beside us, then burst out laughing.

I then waved goodbye to the duo so I could head back to my cabin and freshen up before archery. I washed my face and redid my hair. I then when to my drawers and rummaged through it until I found my leather gloves that were cut open at the finger tips and had a trident burned into the side. I then walked out of the door and as I walked to the archery range I felt two arms slip around her my and pick me up.

"What the heck!" I yelled.

"Geez, can't a boy say hi to his girlfriend on the way to archery" Connor smirked. He put me down and then noticed that he had his bow and quiver on him. I smiled up at him and pressed my lips to his. Before he got a chance to press back I grabbed his bow and his quiver and quickly pulled away.

"Okay Lex, you got me. Give them back." He said with an amused look.

"Sound tempting, but you got to catch me first!" I said with a mischievous smile. I dashed off to the archery range with Connor on my tail. He might be stronger than me but I was somehow much faster. Eventually I reached the arena before him and stood waiting casually for him to arrive. When he came sprinting around the corner he stood against a wall for a moment to catch his breath. I walked up to him with a triumphant smile and when he noticed me, he shook his head and smiled, still panting from the run.

"Honestly, are you even human? Do you realize how fast you were!" Connor said between pants

"Nope, all I knew is that I couldn't let you catch me" I smirked and handed back his bow and quiver.

Connor was about to say something when Chiron spoke up in the middle of the range.

"You will be split up into groups based off of your skill. Each group will have its own set of targets to practice on. You will take turns and time each other. Understood?" Chiron asked. "Understood" echoed the campers. I noticed that he was looking at her and Connor for most of his speech.

"So first group, Connor, Brianna, and Lexi! Go to the set of targets at the far corner." He instructed.

I took Connor's hand and walked over to the far targets. Brianna, one of the daughters of Apollo followed them. Bri was a nice person to hang out with and was amazing with a bow and arrow. WhenweI arrived at their area we found that there was an extra set of arrows there and a stopwatch. Chiron told all of the other groups and then instructed them to start.

"So" I asked, "who wants to go first?" Both Connor and Bri looked at her. "Okay then, I'll start" I gulped.

I stood on the "X" that Chiron had marked out and took a deep breath. I willed my trident necklace and silver bracelet to turn into my silver bow and quiver. There were 10 targets. Four of them on the ground and the other six hanging from cables that can move when a lever was pushed. I pushed the lever to start the course and pulled out one of my arrows and waited for the countdown.

"Okay, Lexi on three" Connor said gripping the stopwatch."One, two, three!"

The next minute was a blur to me. All I remembered was shooting arrow after arrow. When I hit the last target, she turned around to see Connor and Bri standing with their mouths open.

Seeing her confused look, Connor pointed at the targets. I turned around and looked at them. At first I didn't notice anything unusual other than the fact that I hit all of them. Then when I looked carefully, I noticed each one was hit at the bullseye. Even the ones that were moving. This had never happened before to me. The only times I shot a bullseye was if I spent like four minutes getting my aim right. This was crazy.

"Hey Connor, what was my time?" I asked.

"Um" Connor said, "it was, um forty-five seconds Lex."

Chiron trotted over to our area to check how they were doing. And just like everyone else who was following him, he was stunned. "My dear, I do think that you just broke a record on that one."

The campers who had been watching cheered and Connor picked me up and held me on his shoulders. Bri congratulated me too. Both of them didn't seem a bit disappointed that they didn't get a chance to shoot. And I was grateful for that.

Connor placed me down as Director Fury walked up to her again. I gripped Connor's hand tighter as he started talking. "That was quite impressive Lexi, I have only seen better from one other person. You should take that as a compliment. I hope to see you around" he said and walked off. I and Connor looked at each other with a confused look.

"Um, let's get back to archery guys." One of the Apollo campers said, still looking in Director Fury's direction. After s chorus of ya's and sure's, I walked back to the targets and retrieved my arrows. I was asked by both Connor and Bri to time their shots but no one got close to my time and accuracy.

Things went by pretty quickly after that. The next thing I knew I was standing in front of Cabin 3 holding Connor's hand.

"I'll see you in a bit okay Connor, I'm just gonna change and freshen up."

"Alright Lexi." He said. "See you in a bit" and gave me a quick kiss on her lips. I smiled as I rested on the door to my cabin as I watched Connor walk back to his cabin. Could this day get any better?

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Sorry if the ending was a little boring. I need a favor from all you guys how actually like this book. I need a last name for Connor. And if you leave a comment I might be able to intergrate you into the story. I already did for one of my friends. (Shout out to Bri!) So please comment and vote and I'll see you all next time! 

P.S. More marvel coming soon!